Enough time to go to Rum Point?

auburnfan

signman...Our itinerary states...."Arrive Georgetown, GC at 8 a.m. and departs at 4 p.m." So, does this allow enough time to go all the way out to Rum Point and get back without cutting it too close? I've heard there's a ferry that runs from some hotel (on 7 mile beach?) to Rum Point, but I'd have to research that further.

We will be going to Grand Cayman next week on our cruise & booked a tour from the Grand Cayman website. It is a Jeep tour and takes you to Rum Point & other sights. ( 5 hour excursion)

I am very excited about Rum Point as we have heard so much about it:)

Douglase...that sounds great! Be sure and post about your trip out to Rum Point when you get back. I'll be interested to know how easy this excursion was to pull off and if it was worth it. Enjoy your trip!!!! :)

You need to leave yourself enough time for tendering in GC.

Try contacting Nativeways - see the GC port of call boards. Their tour that includes Rum Point is supposed to be great and they will get you back to the ship on time. I plan to do this trip the next time we're in GC.

:confused: Just wondering, is there time enough to go to Rum Point while in Grand Cayman? If so, would you have to arrange this yourself? Wouldn't want to get left behind!!! :eek:

We were on the Rhapsody last week Oct. 1st sailing and rented a car to get to Rum Point. It was about 40-45 minute one way to Rum Point. It was definitely worth it and was the high point of our day in GC. It was easy to navigate to and from Rum Point with lots of great scenery along the way but driving in Georgetown was a little different. The roundabouts take some getting used to. By the way, sorry about that whoopin my Razorbacks put on you guys last week. GO HOGS!:)

Hey CruiseHOGG...about the rental car in GC....was that set up prior to the cruise, during the cruise, or did you get off the ship and rent it at the dock area?? And about that whoopin last week...what can I say? Auburn just didn't "bring it", and Arkansas did. Oh well, there's always next year! :D

Archived