Conquest 9/5/04 Sailing down the Mississippi

FunshipSam

Not sure what it will be like in September, but when I cruised in January it was too dark to see anything. It does take several hours to navigate into the gulf. I think it was somewhere around 10 pm before we were in the gulf.

I always book private excursions so I don't have any of the prices. Sorry!

Somewhere on this message board (here in the Carnival section) is a thread titled something like "anyone got Conquest excursion prices?" If you click on it one of the people on the Conquestadors group cruise downloaded a lot of helpful stuff. There are copies of the daily capers, the menus, the excursion prices, and lots of photos of the ship and other fun stuff. I got a lot of helpful info. there. I hope you find that thread because it was great!

Hey FunShipSam! I will be sailing with you on the 9/5 Conquest!! Less than two months away, I can't wait! I have been using these boards for a month or so now trying to gather information and based on what I have learned, I too have booked all of my own tours. We will be doing the Dolphin Swin in Cozumel, which I booked through Sherri at cozumelinsider.com and she was wonderful! In Grand Cayman I booked the Stingray tour through www.CaptainMarvins.com and between the two I have saved over $100 from what Carnival charges for the same tours. I haven't figured out what we are going to do in Jamaica yet, but we were considering the horseback riding excursion, offered by Carnival. I tried to book this one directly, but the lady told me they have a contract with Carnival and are not allowed to accept outside reservations. Who knows, we might just relax and spend the day at Sunset Beach or Margarittaville.

I'd love to hear about what you are looking into doing and can't wait to sail away with you!! Have fun doing your research!!

~E

Sailing down the Mississippi? hmmm... we have pictures, so I know we were there... but after a dozen foofoo drinks, who can remember exact details? lol

Just kidding... sailing down the river was great... we went in Feb so it was dark, but we watched the lights... the ship rocked a bit during karaoke, but we didn't feel it afterwards sitting in the hot tub...

Kim

Thanks for the help!!! Can not wait till we get there. Does anyone know if the ship has any problems in rough sea?

Unless there is a hurricane out there (and it's still hurricane season in sept) the seas are fairly calm in the Carribean. Sometimes you'll forget you're on board a ship, they're so calm.

BnB

We just got off the Conquest. We were in the river until the early hours Monday morning. We got into the river coming home about 7:30 on Saturday night. Have a wonderful trip, we sure did.

If you plan to do any of the activities at Discovery cove, I would book them on their web site. We didn't and paid Carnival twice what others paid, and they did the say thing as us. Cabs to the Cove are $6 for a group of 4 people or less. That was our favorite part of the cruise.

Have a wonderfu time!

Cathy

Thanks for the help!!! Can not wait till we get there. Does anyone know if the ship has any problems in rough sea?

We sailed the Conquest on 6/6/04....had an evening of rough seas due to running into a storm at sea on the way back to N.O. However, even though you felt like you had one too many rum and cokes when you tried to walk places on board with a little staggering, I felt really secure on that giant ship.....no problem, Mon! Never was worried about it....in fact, made it all that much more exciting. I know I looked totally inhebriated trying to get to my table in the Monet that evening....LOL! The gentle rocking helped me go to sleep just that much faster........LOVED sleeping on the Conquest (even with a mattress a little too firm for my taste).

We never noticed rocking on the ship. The Mississippi is a little rough because it turns sharp at times and we could tell that we were leaning. On the way out to sea, we loved looking out over the balcony and seeing the wonderful lights along the shore. Brought back memories of stories by Mark Twain and the riverboat captains who drive the ship out to the gulf. Yes, I am a dreamer.

Archived