Grand Class Aft E730 or E731

CRUISENAV8R

We very much enjoy aft balconies, but I hint concern on these boards, like "bad smells" on the fantail, or the rooms are small than a standard BB (I find that one really hard to believe).

If anyone has been on a Grand-class in either E730 or E731, I'd like to hear that it will be OKAY.

Also, are the balconies longer, like most aft balconies tend to be?

Thanks

We very much enjoy aft balconies, but I hint concern on these boards, like "bad smells" on the fantail, or the rooms are small than a standard BB (I find that one really hard to believe).

If anyone has been on a Grand-class in either E730 or E731, I'd like to hear that it will be OKAY.

Also, are the balconies longer, like most aft balconies tend to be?

Thanks

It depends on which Grand class ship you are referring to. If you are pointing to the aftmost minisuites on the Emerald deck, the cabins are the same size as any other minisuite. The balconies are larger.

We were in E731 on Grand Princess in Nov 2000 and it was truly FANTASTIC!!! Hard to get that location. It's very quiet because it's at end of hall and NOT over stage of lounge below -- you are over the seating area!! Some noise from wake but that's a pleasant noise!!!! Balcony HUGE & covered!!! Lots of space for chairs. We had 2 couples come over for wine, brought chairs out from cabin & had lots of space!! There was NO MOTION & NO SMELLS!!!

On that trip we went to Eastern Caribbean on Grand in Nov. 2000 & We had great view at St. Thomas of ship behind us (Disney) and of shops.

We were in E731 on Grand Princess in Nov 2000 and it was truly FANTASTIC!!! Hard to get that location. It's very quiet because it's at end of hall and NOT over stage of lounge below -- you are over the seating area!! Some noise from wake but that's a pleasant noise!!!! Balcony HUGE & covered!!! Lots of space for chairs. We had 2 couples come over for wine, brought chairs out from cabin & had lots of space!! There was NO MOTION & NO SMELLS!!!

:) Kay, thanks for the reassuring words!

We had E730 on CB -- the room itself is a standard mini, but the balcony is quite a bit larger -- had room enough for two chairs, two lounge chairs, a very small table and a larger table at dinner-table height. (All this was on the balcony when we arrived.)

Note however, that, at least on CB, E730 is right underneath the stage for Club Fusion, and we heard quite a bit of bass any night Club Fusion had music until rather late. Not terrible, but if you need quiet for sleeping, you'd probably be a lot happier with E731.

Other thing to note is that you're a LONG way down the hall to elevators that go useful places (like the dining room) but as long as walking isn't a problem it is a good way to get some exercise in.

Enjoy.

Archived