Best AE on Dawn?

gbanshee

We are sailing for the first time on NCL and I am looking forward to it. Have done RCCL, Celeb, Carnival and Disney in the past. Am very interested in seeing how Freestyle suits us.

We booked AE aft cabin 8672, since there were posts that the Corner 8670 does not wrap. Is deck 9 better than deck 8 though? Is there a better AE? (we can't afford anything higher)

We are sailing for the first time on NCL and I am looking forward to it. Have done RCCL, Celeb, Carnival and Disney in the past. Am very interested in seeing how Freestyle suits us.

We booked AE aft cabin 8672, since there were posts that the Corner 8670 does not wrap. Is deck 9 better than deck 8 though? Is there a better AE? (we can't afford anything higher)

Go to this website and enter the ship name and the cabin #'s for the AE's.....it will give you the balcony sizes. I believe the deck 9 balconies are larger.

http://1stmatecruises.com/nclcabins/

THough the corner suites in deck 8 are not open to the wrap, we preferred them. There is more privacy. Only someone on one side to bother us with their smoking (no offense to you smokers). Seriously, the rooms are quiet but not soundproof, so an end room with a little smaller deck is our preference. Also, 1/2 the chance that someone will be sitting on their deck when you are there.

Thanks! The balcony on 8th is actually 4 sq bigger than 9th floor.

Guess I will stay where I am.

While it is probably no big deal I think cabins on the end have balcony's that sort of curve around the side which gives them 4 sq ft less room. We are booked in 9732 aft and wanted the end and did not mind the little less balcony room as long as the cabin was the same size.

I am still in awe about our "wrap around" aft mini suite balcony on Carnival Legend. It was awesome! :eek:

Biggest balcony I have ever seen. You could hold a huge party on it, yet it only cost us a few hundred dollars more. No balcony compares to that one for us.

Archived