Barcelona - getting back to airport

Hi All,

A bunch of us are on the Brillance Med / Greece cruise next September.(2007) and we were wondering -

The brochure says that the ship returns to Barcelona at 7 am. (after the cruise)

Does anyone have the following info?

What time did you actually return to Barcelona?

What time were you able to get off the ship?

Did anyone book flights home from Barcelona as early as 10:30 am?

If so, did you make them??? !!!!

Several of us have frequent flier miles and will be able to book in the next several days, so, we would really aprreciate any tips or info you can give us!

I did the same cruise in July of this year on Brilliance of the Seas.

I woke up the morning we returned to Barcelona at 6:00 am, when I opened the curtains, we were already docked in Barcelona. The captain had announced that we should be arriving in Barcelona t 5:00 am.

The first group of people called off the ship was at 6:45 am, then a steady flow of colors/numbers being called off every 15 minutes or so.

I had a flight at 11:30 and wasn't originally happy with the color/number tag I was given. They give you your color/number and a whole sheet with approximate times that each color/number will be called off the ship. So I took my tags back to Guest Relations and they exchanged them for me.

I ended up getting called off the ship around 7:30. I was at the airport before 8:00 am. And we were checked in and waiting at the gate for our plane by 8:30 am, 3 hours before our scheduled departure time. Therefore, I think that you should be ok with a 10:30 am departure time.

Once aboard the ship, just check the daily schedule, there will be annoucements stating that those with flights departing before 11:00 notify Guest Relations, this way they can issue you the first passess off the ship so that you make it to the airport in time.

Good luck.

With no problems, you should make your flights. But why have that stress at the end of a great but a very intensive and physical cruise? Also, I loved Barcelona, so I suggest you make that flight but for the NEXT day and spend the day in Barcelona and go home the next day when the airport is like empty!

Pooh

Archived