First time cruise w/ 6 mo. old and 3 yr. old

gregnshel

Hi there. We are going on a cruise in Jan on NCL and have booked a mini-suite for our family of 4 (2 adults, a 6 month old, and 3 year old). From what I am reading, there still won't be enough room for the port-a-crib and the pull out couch. Any suggestions on how others worked out similar situations?

Thanks,

Shelley

I'm shocked. I tried to book a cruise on NCL (family of 4: 2 adults, 4 year old and 1 year old) and they would not book us in a minisuite. They said every child under 2 needed to be booked in a room that would have room for the crib and the sofabed in its pulled out position. For one reason or another we were unhappy with all of our other options (upper berths, two cabins or full suite), so we gave up the benefit of baby sailing for port charges only and booked on RCCL where you can fit a crib and a pulled out sofabed in the minisuite.

Sorry for the rant.

Meanwhile, maybe your 3 year old could sleep on the couch just as a couch. I've heard that some people will turn it around so that it faces the wall and forms more of a "crib" like feel - that way the child won't fall out of bed. Then there would definitely be room. You could also get one of those blow up toddler beds, I'll bet you could rig up the room to fit the crib and one of those.

I am sorry to hear they wouldn't accomodate you and your family. We probably would have been in the same boat (no pun intended) if they wouldn't have allowed us to do that. The only thing I can think of is that it is booked through a private "Rock the Boat" type cruise, so none of our discussions have been with NCL directly. I think we will do what you all have suggested and turn the couch around and have him sleep in there. I am sure it will all work out. We upgraded twice, once from a picture window to the balcony, and then the balcony to the mini-suite thinking we would be better off. I hope it is worth the extra money...

Archived