We just got an upsell to AC! Have many questions and you're the experts!

Greetings all. We are scheduled to go out on the Dawn this Sunday. This is our first cruise on NCL. Well...actually it's our first real cruise. I've been on one CTN with Carnival; it will be DH's first cruise.

This evening we were contacted by NCL and we able to get an upsell to a category AC. Now the questions.

Do we have priority boarding at the pier?

What are the other perks that go along with this cabin category?

How does one utilize a butler properly? I've stayed in some lovely hotels in my day, but quite frankly this is a real first for me.

Also, I'm going to assume that his/her tip is not part of the prepaid gratuity. What would be considered an appropriate gratuity? When/how is this given?

Any guidance you can provide would be most sincerely appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

W A W W

Greetings all. We are scheduled to go out on the Dawn this Sunday. This is our first cruise on NCL. Well...actually it's our first real cruise. I've been on one CTN with Carnival; it will be DH's first cruise.

This evening we were contacted by NCL and we able to get an upsell to a category AC. Now the questions.

Do we have priority boarding at the pier?

What are the other perks that go along with this cabin category?

How does one utilize a butler properly? I've stayed in some lovely hotels in my day, but quite frankly this is a real first for me.

Also, I'm going to assume that his/her tip is not part of the prepaid gratuity. What would be considered an appropriate gratuity? When/how is this given?

Any guidance you can provide would be most sincerely appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

W A W W

There will be a special waiting area at the pier for suite guests, and you will be ushered on the ship before other guests.

The Butler and Concierge are not included in the $10 per day tips. Tip them according to how much you utilize their services. Tipping for them is normally done at the end of the cruise, and they will probably drop off envelopes on the last evening.

Butler will deliver and set up full meals from any of the restaurants for you, you do pay if you order from one of the pay restaurants. The Butler will bring all room service orders. You will get treats in your cabin once a day. The butler will deliver any DVD's you want to watch, there will be a listing in your cabin of choices available.

Concierge will make reservations for you, and will assist with priority tender tickets.

There will be a floral arrangement, fruit basket, bottle of champagne and 1 bottle of water in your cabin when you arrive....as perks.

Congrats on the upsell, you're going to have a marvelous time!

Do we have priority boarding at the pier? yes, there's a VIP lounge if you get there early, if not, just look for a butler with a sign.

What are the other perks that go along with this cabin category? butler and concierge service, and nice toiletries

How does one utilize a butler properly? I've stayed in some lovely hotels in my day, but quite frankly this is a real first for me. Your butler is a dedicated room service waiter, will bring you treats and drinks, at your service. Your concierge will arrange reservations, theatre seating, and any other special request can be taken care of in a flash!

We usually tip at the end of the cruise, unless we've made some outrageous requests.....we go $10. per person, per day for the butler, once more unless we've worked him hard, then more. Concierge usually $10 per favor, works out to $150-400 for a 10 day.

Onece you've been spoiled, you'll never go back :D

I don't mind saying at all. We paid an additional 200 pp or 400 for the room. We were originally booked into an AF as well. I was so happy about going on the trip anyway - this is just icing on the cake.

The weather should be lovely when we leave on Sunday - I cannot think of a more beautiful site than watching the NY skyline.

Ciao,

W A W W

Hey WAWW,

We got the upsell about a week and a half ago from AF-AB penthouse. We are also really excited about it. It was $600, 2 per person since there is three of us going. Totally worth it. Guess we will see you there.

Joe

We have cruised twice with NCL (booked into the Owner's Suite on the Pearl for next September) in suites with butlers and concierges and let me tell you -- IT IS A TRAP. Once you have done this, it will be very, very hard to cruise again without your butler and your concierge. I don't care if it sounds snobbish. It's true!

On a 2004 cruise to Bermuda on the Crown, we had as our butler the clever, funny and wonderful Anshuman. 2005 was fourteen days in the Caribbean on the Spirit (suite 10000) and our butler was Arnie, the nicest, most helpful guy imaginable. The Spirit also introduced us to Concierge Claudio. It is hard to say too much in favor of Claudio. It was like having a knowledgeable friend on the ship, giving advice and helping out in every way possible.

NCL butlers and concierges are like your first balcony cabin -- but worse. YOU CAN NEVER GO BACK!

Archived