2 more Sun questions

jenlynmc

The information here is great--thanks to all of you! I have read about the Tracy Arm excursion and it is not on the list of offerings by NCL for the 9/5 cruise. I called and the customer service (?) person couldn't tell me why. Does anyone out there know why it wouldn't be listed?

Also, we are in a BA category cabin, #0215. Does anyone have any information on this category? It appears to be just under the spa area. Thank you--We are so excited about our first cruise!:o

I just took a look at the shore excursions and it looks like they shut down the Trac Arm tour in Sept. The Sun shows NA for your cruise as well as the next two weeks. Thats too bad. Based on feedback here we booked the excursion a couple of weeks before your cruise.

We were in cabin 0211 on our cruise in June. You're right, they are located under the spa. Never heard any noise from the spa. We had 4 people in our room, and it was a touch crowded, but it would be great for 2. The bathroom is small (cruise director jokes about brushing your teeth while sitting on the loo), but very adequate. Nice shelves around the mirror over the sink where you can put toiletries. We had purchased an over-the-door shoe holder for our first cruise, and just used it instead. The shower is sort of circular in shape, and had a great shower head with good water pressure.

There is more drawer space than hanging closet space. The room has a built in safe and small fridge. The bed is more than queen size, I'd guess closer to king, quite firm, but very comfortable. There is a futon between the bed and the balcony. If you need to use it, it's REALLY hard. Our kids didn't mind, but you might want to request an egg-crate mattress is you are going to be using it.

Have a wonderful time. It's too bad the Tracy Arm excursion isn't gong to be available. My guess as to why they stop offering it would be due to the short day length, but I might be totally off base.

One more addition: We found our room to be in a great location as far as getting around the ship. It was close to the glass elevators in the atrium(which are a little slow), a regular set of elevators just forward of the atrium, and the stairs at the forward end of the ship. The pool area was also convenient.

It does, however, seem like about a 1/2 mile hike if you are heading to the restaurant or other locations at the aft of the ship.

Hi jenly ~ we were booked in Cabin 0213 & 0013 (Aug 8 sailing) and the other day NCL called offering upgrades to the suites for 250.00PP. I grabbed the upgrade to the Sky Suite (AB) and the penthouse beside it (AD).

I liked the locations of those first cabins as they were right near all the elevators... it is a bit more of a walk to the bow area but I think the other perks make up for it.

Keep this all in mind incase you get a chance to upgrade... make sure they have your email address.

Have fun,

Cassie

Archived