Best Beaches in the Western Caribbean

CruisinRnG

Cozumel, Paradise Beach... hands down, have been there many times and going again next week. Great service, food, and drinks :D

Only other beaches I've done in Western were in Roatan, and Costa Maya... we are going to Sunset Beach a week from today, so I'll let ya know what we think :D

I agree, Paradise Beach was GREAT! We had a wonderful day there in March. They take very good care of you. For $8, you can use their water toys all day ~ water trampoline, iceburg for climbing, float mats, float tubes, kayaks. As long as you spend about $10 per person, you can use their loungers all day. Great food, great drinks, great service. :)

Cozumel, Paradise Beach... hands down, have been there many times and going again next week. Great service, food, and drinks :D

Only other beaches I've done in Western were in Roatan, and Costa Maya... we are going to Sunset Beach a week from today, so I'll let ya know what we think :D

Do you by any chance have photos?? I love photos... makes it easier to survive the next few months.:)

We were pretty much decided that we would do the beach thing in Jamaica and excursions in GC and Coz. However, I have been reading that the beaches in Coz are prettier. I like the amenities of Sunset Beach, but also want the pretty water.

Thanks for you input!:D

Do you by any chance have photos?? I love photos... makes it easier to survive the next few months.:)

We were pretty much decided that we would do the beach thing in Jamaica and excursions in GC and Coz. However, I have been reading that the beaches in Coz are prettier. I like the amenities of Sunset Beach, but also want the pretty water.

Thanks for you input!:D

I have plenty of pictures... mostly of the bar, our group doing shots, more of the bar :p LOL... I generally don't take many pics of beaches, unless they are spectacular (Fantasy Island in Roatan, spectacular :D) I'll look and see, but you would likely find better pictures on the Cozumel forum...

In Cozumel there is a beach resort called Mr. Sanchos...........beautiful...

Not sure if it is still there since the hurricane though:(

It has a beautiful beach...no waves...bar..restaurant..all kinds of toys.

No charge to get in:) And it seems everyone else went to Paradise beach so it is also not crowded.

Interesting you should say that about Cozumel. When I mentioned to some people that I was thinking of a second cruise (my first was a Destiny disaster) this time to the Western Caribbean, I was advised to avoid Cozumel. I like a great beach time with blue water, white sand beaches, palm trees, music, drinks, bars, and a little shopping. Very laid back "party" type atmosphere. Tell me more about Paradise Beach does is fit with what I am looking for? Also, tell me about your tender experience with Cozumel and what ship you were on.

Interesting you should say that about Cozumel. When I mentioned to some people that I was thinking of a second cruise (my first was a Destiny disaster) this time to the Western Caribbean, I was advised to avoid Cozumel. I like a great beach time with blue water, white sand beaches, palm trees, music, drinks, bars, and a little shopping. Very laid back "party" type atmosphere. Tell me more about Paradise Beach does is fit with what I am looking for? Also, tell me about your tender experience with Cozumel and what ship you were on.

My schedule in Coz is always the same... Paradise Beach, C&C's, Fat Tuesdays... LOOOOVE PB. Check out the Coz board and you will get lots of info. We all know Tom pretty well and he always treats us well... you will not be disappointed. Always have a great time in Coz!! It's laid back and a great atmosphere!!!

Never have tendered, so I can't help you there.

Paradise Beach is nice............but.........for a beautiful white, white sand beach, the Passion Island Adventure delivers!!!!!!! I went there a few years ago with Carnival's excursion and I loved, loved, loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Paradise Beach is nice too and not as expensive but it does not hold a candle to Passion Island.

Just my opinion

Joan

Sail on...............

Grand Cayman: rent a car (we used Andy's)and drive to Rum Point; far from the crowds!

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/1349147329064948802bejqQV

Plenty of chairs, free, they just ask you buy your food and drinks from their bar:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/1349147341064948802rWvHxe

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/1349147294064948802kxlRPB

Hope this helps!

In Cozumel there is a beach resort called Mr. Sanchos...........beautiful...

Not sure if it is still there since the hurricane though:(

It has a beautiful beach...no waves...bar..restaurant..all kinds of toys.

No charge to get in:) And it seems everyone else went to Paradise beach so it is also not crowded.

Mr Sancho's is still there....was there a few days ago. Nice place.

My pick of the litter is Tapas Bar in Costa Maya...great service and excellent food. Not to mention great beach and water.

My schedule in Coz is always the same... Paradise Beach, C&C's, Fat Tuesdays... LOOOOVE PB. Check out the Coz board and you will get lots of info. We all know Tom pretty well and he always treats us well... you will not be disappointed. Always have a great time in Coz!! It's laid back and a great atmosphere!!!

Never have tendered, so I can't help you there.

Researching more info on Paradise but just curious, have you ever been to the Boatyard in Barbados? By what I can tell from different web sites they look very similar.

Rose Hall Beach was a great surprise. We had a great day there.

I don't remember the name of the beach we went to on Roatan Island, but it was NEXT to the beach that the Carnival excursion took people to. Cost us much less and had half the crowd. We took a local guide who we met at the port.

Can't wait to hit Paradise Beach in Coz in December.

Rose Hall Beach was a great surprise. We had a great day there.

I don't remember the name of the beach we went to on Roatan Island, but it was NEXT to the beach that the Carnival excursion took people to. Cost us much less and had half the crowd. We took a local guide who we met at the port.

Can't wait to hit Paradise Beach in Coz in December.

We did Fantasy Island in Roatan... not offered to the ships, and harder to find out about... but it was FABULOUS!! We happened to get in with another group of about 700 (which sucked) but the beach was gorgeous!!!! Roatan is wonderful...

• 3 weeks later...

Fun~N~Sun

I'm going to go ahead and stick my two cents in here too.....

My first choice in the Western Caribbean would have to be Roatan. (that is IF your boats calls there) There's not a whole lot on Roatan except for great beaches, especially if you like to snorkle. The place we went to (thru a carnival excusion) was called Playa Mia I think.... but it was a pretty amazing beach. The reef was only about 50 yards of shore. Very prety and easy to snorkle out to.

Also, I just got back from the Boatyard in Barbados and had a great time. Nice beach, even better bar and a few water toys to occupy your time. Of course my opinion could be a little skeewed since that is where I was introduced to Banks beer and totally fell in love with it lol

Archived