Help with Tampa Hotel

RookieCruzer

We were on the Miracle out of Tampa last month.

We booked a room at the Chase Suites (9.6 miles from port; 2.9 miles from airport) for the night before the cruise. What a great hotel and awesome staff! $139.00 for a suite (it’s an all-suite hotel: kitchen, bathroom, sitting room and balcony), which included transportation to and from the port (meaning they not only drove us to the port the morning of the cruise, but they even picked us up at the port to take us to the airport after the cruise), as well as complimentary buffet breakfast. Wow. I would definitely recommend this hotel. There was a neat restaurant in walking distance (one-minute walk) called Bahama Breeze, which had a live band (Saturday night) and great food and atmosphere. You could sit in the outdoor bar area (where the band was, no food served at that time of night) or inside, which was equally nice.

We are on the Miracle 2/11/07. We have reservations at the Embassy Suites convention center (brand new). Marriott waterside is right next door. Both are within walking distance of the pier/channelside. Both are very pricey. There are reviews on the port of call area.

My husband and I are going on our first cruise ever on the Miracle on Feb. 18, 07. Can anyone recommend a hotel close to the port for the night before sailing? Thanks!
RookieCruzer,

try this...in the forums go to Gulf Port departures and click.

After that go to otel suggestions for Tampa.

This is the largest thread having anything to do with places to stay for any city on the boards. You will learn anything you need to know about Tampa. From hotels to dining to cab fares to things near tne hotel you chose to safe places to stay and so on.

Enjoy,

Jeff

PS: The two nearest places to the port are the Marriott Waterside and the new Embassey Suites. There is also a Shereton but not quite as close. Pricey though. Chech out the forum and you will get a very good idea.

The Marriott Waterside is an excellent place to stay. Very close to the port and you can grab the trolley to Channelside or just a short walk too. The new Embassy Suites is opening later this month across the street from the Marriott but the Marriott has the better location on the water. Nice outside patio area overlooking the marina.

Here is the URL for the Marriott

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/TPAMC

My husband and I are going on our first cruise ever on the Miracle on Feb. 18, 07. Can anyone recommend a hotel close to the port for the night before sailing? Thanks!
as a few others have mentioned....THE CHASE...........the cruise rate includes parking, and shuttles to and from port and the airport.

-We flew in and called them...(we were picked up in 10 minutes)

-We had them drive us to the port at 10:00am.........I was at the pursers desk at 11:00am.....WOW!!

-I called and they picked us up at the port at 10:00am.....we had 4:45 flights, so they took us back to the Chase and let us drop our bags and use the pool and facilities for a few hours....

-at our 2:30 request time we loaded up and they drove us to the airport!!!

It can't be beat, in my opinion....FANTASTIC SERVICE!!

Archived