Cruise lines that depart from US mainland

belle42118

This is not my area of expertise (not without doing all the internet searching for you), but are you saying that you wish to do a round trip US mainland-Hawai'i? (Unless there is a stop either at Fanning Is., or Ensenada, or some other foreign port, it would be in violation of US law.) Or are you willing to fly back from HI and just want a cruise to get you there?

How about the one we're going on, the Island Princess? After it's Alaskan itinerary this summer it leaves LA every 15 days until spring. LA-Hawaii-LA.

If you don't want to fly [B]to[/B] Hawaii, assume you don't want to fly home [B]from[/B] Hawaii.

[quote name='TWA4Ever'] (Unless there is a stop either at Fanning Is., or Ensenada, or some other foreign port, it would be in violation of US law.) Or are you willing to fly back from HI and just want a cruise to get you there?[/QUOTE]
No, I don't want to fly back from Hawaii. All four of the other posts answered exactly what I was asking. Every Hawaiin cruise I saw started in Hawaii. I didn't want to fly there from Pennsylvania. I've never seen a good air deal to Hawaii, but I have see them to the west coast, so I will definately be looking into all the great ideas you all have given me. Thanks a bunch!

Spleen93,
Yes the Infinity is still red flagged but the agent I am using for my transatlantic has some cabins available but Celebrity won't let her book them. She said they are wanting her to cancel (which she won't) because the cruise is oversold.

Thanks Cruise Freak. We just got back from our first cruise to the W. Caribbean in May on The Explorer of the Seas. Our 25th anniversary isn't until Feb. of 2006. We were thinking about going in Dec. 2005 or Jan. 2006 anyway. I'm just still excited about the first cruise and like to plan ahead! My sister used Celebrity two years ago and she really liked them. So I definately will be checking out their 2005 prices! Thanks again!

belle,
Keep watching as I understand Celebrity is getting ready to come out with their prices for r/t san diego to hawaii for 2005. My TA said she has seen the pricing and they are quite a bit higher than our Infinity 2004 but our were incredibly cheap. Good luck

Celebrity is planning more Hawaii round-trips (like the one already sold out for Dec. 2004). They are tentatively scheduled for Oct. and Nov., 2005 on Infinity, and additional sailings in January, March and April 2006 (Infinity/Summit).

We did this on the Statendam (HAL) in March 2003 (RT San Diego with a 1 hour stop in Ensenada to satisfy Jones Act) and are going again this November on the Island Princess from LA (again, a 1 hour Ensendada stop). We love this route as we live in So. Cal. and thus have no flying, and the relaxing days at sea going over and coming back result in us arriving home much more rested than many cruises we have been on. We like days at sea.

Archived