Two ships in one day at GSC???

Smellytoes

According to the published itineraries it appears that both the Dawn and the Jewel are scheculed to call on GSC on Sat. April 14th. I LOVE the private island but I don't see how both ships can be accomodated on that tiny beach on the same day.:confused: I do believe I had seen this situation before but for the life of me I can't remember how it was handled. Does anyone have any ideas or guesses as to what will happen??

I just checked and the Dawn will also be there on December 9th when we are there on the Jewel. I've never been there but have read about and seen pictures of how small it is. Has anyone else been there with two ships at the same time?

Edited to say I was wrong for our cruise. I was looking at the Dawn for 2007, not 2006.

Looks like one ship is there from 9 till 4 and the other is from 12 till 6. I would not be suprised to see one of them change itinerary at some point. If one does NOT change I would agree with Mark...stay on the ship. I love GSC but not that much!:eek:

Looks like one ship is there from 9 till 4 and the other is from 12 till 6. I would not be suprised to see one of them change itinerary at some point. If one does NOT change I would agree with Mark...stay on the ship. I love GSC but not that much!:eek:

;) I agree 100%... a good time to stay on the ship if they don't change it and enjoy having the ship to just a few and that way you can really enjoy it :)

According to the published itineraries it appears that both the Dawn and the Jewel are scheculed to call on GSC on Sat. April 14th. I LOVE the private island but I don't see how both ships can be accomodated on that tiny beach on the same day.:confused: I do believe I had seen this situation before but for the life of me I can't remember how it was handled. Does anyone have any ideas or guesses as to what will happen??

On one of previous cruises, there were 3 ships supposed to be at GSC on the same day. We went to Nassau and only one ended up at GSC.

There are only 3 tenders that work GSC and there's no way more than one ship can be there at any one time. I don't think they can use the lifeboat tenders as there is no pier to tie up to and let passengers off.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Might be a good day to stay on the ship. There will plenty of empty chairs by the pool. You will have time to visit nice beaches at your other stops.

Great idea! But not if everyone has the same idea. :rolleyes:

However, if it works it's a good thing...we were on Disney Wonder when it went to their private island. We got on the beach very early. As it started to get crowed we decided to go back to the ship. The pool was totally empty. We had the hot tubs and pool all to ourselves.....it was surreal! We loved it!

Archived