San Diego

bigred12

OH MY GOSH--Julie--how are you! I am so glad to see you on the boards. I have looked for you on here and never found you. Yes--Joan & I are sailing on the Oosterdam 3/3/07 out of San Diego. Just don't tell Joan as she doesn't know yet. It's a surprise her daughter & I have cooked up for her and she will find out on Thanksgiving Day. Got an SY suite for a very good price. TA's agency also has a group booked on this cruise. That gives a few extras including dinner in the Pinnacle Grill.

Do you still have my email address? I got a new computer and all of my addresses didn't get there. Anyway it's legalslaveatcox.net replace the word at with the symbol. How are you and Chuck (Cuddles) doing? Can't tell you how often I look at the Star photos and think of you two.

This is exciting!

Diane

I'm sorry that I've been incognito Diane, but I've been hanging on the Carnival and HAL boards the last several years! I was soo surprised to see your post here this morning!! You will love the Oosterdam.... please let me know what I can do to help you with Joan's surprise, ok?

(Ok folks.... here's the scoop. I met Diane and Joan during six months of planning of Cruise Critic's get-togethers aboard the new Star Princess in April of 2002. We had a group of about 50-60, we were very well organized (cabin #'s, name badges, etc) and all had a great time together. She managed to keep a big secret that our good friends from Seattle were surprising us onboard as we embarked in LA. It made for a very special cruise!)

I had originally booked the Spirit for 2008 for this surprise for Joan. A wrap around suite on deck 4. That is too far away to wait for a cruise. Was going to try & sail with John & Michael in April out of LA. Unfortunately, the months of April & May are already booked at work for vacations. The Oosterdam had a really great rate for the SY so I grabbed it! After I saw your post I looked up your other posts to see what you have been up to. I see you enjoyed the Spirit. Also read your review of the O. I have a printout of my email addresses from years ago somewhere around here. I'm going to hunt for them and see if yours is on there.

So happy you read this thread!

Diane

Diane: This is Emma, we are also sailing March 3 but on the Ryndam for Mexican Riviera/Sea of Cortez. Driving over day before and staying at Best Western Hotel. Didn't realize both ships leaving the same day. Meeting another HAL couple night before for fish and chips at Seaport Village. Must remember NOT to mention you to Joan. We leave Nov 22 for Istanbul and Nautica cruise 11/27 to Singapore ending 12/22.

Archived