What are some of the distinct differences btween rccl and Celebrity

pinkaboo

What are some of the distinct differences btw rccl and Celebrity? I know Celebrity pays attention to the small details and caters to the individual in a big way, so I just wanted to know in what ways large or small does Celebrity pay attention or cater to the guests that's different from Rccl. How are their shore excursions? Does Celebrity do anything to make sure your excursion is all it can be? What are the little extra touches that make Celebrity special? What do they offer for free that rccl doesn't. What special touches does Celebrity do or offer that rccl doesn't?

Though I did think the customer service was a bit better on Celebrity, and their toiletries are nicer, I don't think I'd say that Celebrity caters to the individual in a big way. I felt like I was one of many on their ships, just like I did on RC. I think they may have a slightly higher crew to passenger ratio leaving the crew less stressed by each passenger's needs.

When a problem came up, I felt that RC did more to try to fix it and make me happy than Celelbrity did in a similar situation. I didn't like that they closed the hot tubs on my ship at 6pm when I sailed Celebrity. I liked the food better and espcially the aqua spa cafe on the Celebrity ship. When I balked at the food on RC at lunch one day, the maitre'd came by my table that night at dinner asking what he could do to make sure I was pleased. I still liked Celelbrity's food better, but that was good service.

The Cova Cafe is nice on Celebrity's ships, and I think every ship should have a thalassotherapy pool, but only if it's open past 6pm. (ours wasn't)

The nightlife was pathetic on our Celebrity sailing and great fun on the RC sailing.

With butlers in the suites and concierge class cabins, there is the option of having more personalized service, but not everyone on the ship gets that.

I personally prefer Celebrity's ships, and would like to sail on Century since her overhaul but the removal of the thalassotherapy pool, and no solarium really hurts the chances. The decor looks great.

The shore excursions were identical. Celebrity absolutely did not do anything to make your excursion more "all it can be". They do their part, just like any other cruise line to get you to the assigned point to meet up with whoever they sub-contract your excursion out to and hand you off. One excursion we did from a Celebrity cruise had us on the same trip as people from a royal caribbean ship, and a carnival ship. The excursion involved taking a boat to where you took part in the excursion and those of us on that boat were mixed between the three cruise lines. There was no rep from Celebrity, no special service, just an excursion.

We found it easier to relax on Celebrity and that's what we wanted.

It's like 6 white eggs and half a dozen brown eggs, almost no real difference. Different ships, different preferences, different passengers from week to week. Both lines have a variety of ships with distinct personalities.

Archived