World Series While On the Boat

This is a good year for our local teams. Toledo Muds Hens took home the trophy and now the Detroit Tigers have made it into the series. I will be getting on board the Jewel next Saturday the start of the series---this is a New England/Canada cruise. What is the likelihood that I will be able to catch some of the games....(and drag my husband with me!!!) I a going out tomorrow to grab some Tiger-wear for the cruise. Gotta show some spirit.

Hopefully we will get to enjoy the game from Coamerica Park next sunday!! If we are lucky to get the tickets!! I know I'll be online tomorrow at 10am!! It would be great if the Tigers win the WS with Toledo winning the Govenor's cup this year! Being an Indian's fan, I'll still cheer for the Tigers!:D

I sure hope so!!! DH and I are from Detroit and will on Freedom Sunday proudly wearing our TIGER'S JERSEY'S. I'm know they will be broadcasting this, espeically since they broadcast the NFL games Sunday and Monday's as well as the NBA playoffs and superbowl! Just a matter of what channel in the cabin or which sports bar onboard. GO TIGERS!!!!!:D

So far it is all good news. What an amazing ninth inning for the Tigers last night! Does anyone have the actual times or schedule--I know the series starts in Detroit on Saturday. I know it is still up in the air with STL and NYM-but the dates and times have been decided--correct?

So far it is all good news. What an amazing ninth inning for the Tigers last night! Does anyone have the actual times or schedule--I know the series starts in Detroit on Saturday. I know it is still up in the air with STL and NYM-but the dates and times have been decided--correct?

Game starts at 6:30 PM EST on Saturday 10/21. I'll be watching it either in my hotel room or at the bar in the hotel!!! :D

as a fan of the minnesota twins sorry to have stolen the central division from you on the last day but i guess you guys got the last laugh...world series bound after 22 yrs and 119 losses 2 yrs ago...jim leyland should get the freckin purple heart...what a great story...the detroit tigers world series champs over the new york mets...did yas hear that yankees fans the new york mets...will loose to the tigers not the yankees...the yankees rolled over a died at 223 million dollar payroll...how about those lions....ok i won't dampen the party...enjoy the ticker tape parade

I was on line to get tickets and had them on my computer....4 tickets for saturday's game. Ok, it was going to cost $800, but hey, even being an Indians fan, it was worth it. Went to check out and guess what...,like almost everyone else who was trying "problems processing order, please try again" GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, of course then you get any. So, I looked at it this way $800....that's what it is costing for our Dec cruise on the Majesty with air and cruise, I could do a 2nd one!!!

By the way, was looking at Ebay and tickets for the exact same section we "had" were going for $2100 for only 3 tickets!! Hubby said we could have sold 2 of them and more then doubled our money!!

I sure hope so!!! DH and I are from Detroit and will on Freedom Sunday proudly wearing our TIGER'S JERSEY'S. I'm know they will be broadcasting this, espeically since they broadcast the NFL games Sunday and Monday's as well as the NBA playoffs and superbowl! Just a matter of what channel in the cabin or which sports bar onboard. GO TIGERS!!!!!:D

Just wanted to let you know that there were many time while on Freedom that the On-Air club on deck 3 was turned into a sports bar during our cruise. I am sure you can catch the games there or in your stateroom on ESPN. Have fun! You are gonna love this cruise.

I went to 3 games during the Detroit Tigers regular season and two of the games were losers. I guess I went to the games during the wrong times because the Tigers are now in the world series because of Ordonez hitting that home run. :D

Go Detroit Tigers!!

BTW, have a great cruise :)

Saturday and Sunday the World Series games start at 7:30 pm ET.

Linda/Ohio - my husband and I were just talking about watching the game on board the Jewel on Saturday - probably in The Pit Stop on deck 6. I'm not a baseball fan, but watching the World Series is fun. My husband is a Mets fan - I don't have a favorite. I'm hoping that the Mets win tonight for his sake.

The schedule from mlb.com http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/schedule/ps_06.jsp

Susan

ball one, strike, Le Duca...., ball two, ball three, ball 4--bases loaded.

Beltran at bat----- strike one, strike two, strike 3.

Cards vs. Tigers.

Ok--going to bed--gotta fly to Boston tomorrow. Jewel on Saturday.

I think the Tigers could eat those Cards alive....

ball one, strike, Le Duca...., ball two, ball three, ball 4--bases loaded.

Beltran at bat----- strike one, strike two, strike 3.

Cards vs. Tigers.

Ok--going to bed--gotta fly to Boston tomorrow. Jewel on Saturday.

I think the Tigers could eat those Cards alive....

Thats why they play the game. The Cards were underdogs from the beginning and they are now in the World Series.

Archived