Norweigian Spirit Help...

sramadan

Hello all, I am an RCCL cruiser recently back from a Freedom of the seas trip. Family are now getting together for a holiday trip out of new york in december. How is the spirit? I have read reviews on cruisereviews.com and its seems everyone is dissatified with the ship/company. I am the one orginizing the trip, I dont want to be held accountable for ruining so many people (12) christman/new years. An advice will help. I know full well to compare freedom to this ship, is apple to oranges, however im more concered with the first time cruisers first impresions of cruising.

Hi sramadan, We went on the Spirit in August for the 6 day bahama cruise and have one booked in February for the 8 day carribean and can not wait. We all had a great time. There was a lot to do, or not to do if you wanted. The shows were enjoyable, food was good, but I am not picky if I do not have to cook it and get waited on, can always get something else until you are satisfied. Have only been on Carnival and NCL so have not experienced RCCL so can not compare the ships, but would reccomend it, think you would have a good time, it is what you make of it. We went with a friend and her son that we work with and had a great time. Enjoy what ever you choose!

Hello all, I am an RCCL cruiser recently back from a Freedom of the seas trip. Family are now getting together for a holiday trip out of new york in december. How is the spirit? I have read reviews on cruisereviews.com and its seems everyone is dissatified with the ship/company. I am the one orginizing the trip, I dont want to be held accountable for ruining so many people (12) christman/new years. An advice will help. I know full well to compare freedom to this ship, is apple to oranges, however im more concered with the first time cruisers first impresions of cruising.

We were on the Spirit in August and we had a great time. I wrote a review and it is posted in the cruise reviews. It was a positive review.

I hope that you have a good time!

We were on the Spirit in July and loved it. I posted a review under the reviews section. Hope it helps. Have also sailed RCCL and like NCL a little better because it is more relaxed. I will say however if your group is a big fan of traditional dining you may not like it. Or on the other hand you can see the maitre d on teh first day and arrange a set table/waiter/time nightly for the group so uyou can have teh best of both.

We were on the Spirit with our 3 adult kids in June and we all had a great time. We met a lot of very nice people who all loved the Spirit. The ship and crew is wonderful, I just cannot say enough about her. Now, having said that, this is OUR opinion. We all have great attitudes and realize that no vacation is ever perfect. A lot of times it is what you make of it. We just got back from an all inclusive vacation to Punta Cana and although we had a great time, we did hit a few snags along the way that could have ruined our vacation but we made the best of it and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. I'd pick a cruise any day over a land pkg. and I would sail again on the Spirit in a heartbeat!!

I was on the Spirit Sept. 24. I LOVED THE SHIP (is that clear enough :D)

My review has been posted.

This ship has great crew members and things to do for everyone.

Just one suggestion for a large group: If you want to have some meals all together, it's better to plan it ahead of time and book it as soon as you board the ship since freestyle works well for couples/small groups (up to 6) but it is harder for a restaurant to accomodate a large group on short notice (same problem for on land restaurants).

Welcome to Norwegian! Our family of three (including a 17 year old son) will be on the December 21 Spirit sailing. This will be my second time on the Spirit. I enjoyed it very much the first time and am looking forward to being on the ship again. Last year our family booked a Christmas/New Years cruise on the Celebrity Century and we had such a good time that we booked this cruise. I had originally planned to go on the RCCL Navigator since my son was interested in all the bells and whistles of the kid's activities, but when I saw the price for this cruise (for 12 days instead of 7 from NYC instead of Miami so we don't have to fly and spend a night in Miami), I switched. I have enjoyed 19 cruises on many different lines and fully expect this to be a lovely cruise. Many people have written positive reviews of the Spirit in the past few months so it sounds as if the crew/staff is doing a very good job.

That said, my experience has been that Freestyle is different and takes getting used to. On my first visit to the dining room of the Spirit two years ago I had a less than stellar experience with the waiter. The next morning at breakfast one of the Asst. Maitre D's came around and asked how we were enjoying the Dining Room Service. When I told him about my initial freestyle experience, he brought over the Dining Room Manager, who promised me I would be a freestyle fan by the time our cruise ended. He asked me to notify him whenever I visited the dining room (Windows), which I did. True to his word, the service was excellent. You can have a bad experience anywhere, but I was impressed with the response and the effort to correct the problem.

Elsewhere on the ship, I really enjoyed the beautiful Asian decor, the spa, the various dining venues, and the cruise staff, which was very friendly.

Please join our roll call and meet some of our fellow cruisers (December 21, Norwegian Spirit under Roll Calls.) I would do this so you could click, if I knew how to get the thread number... sorry!)

Best regards,

Linda

SRAMADAN: We're a family of 25 going out of NY on 12/21. This is the first time on the Spirit, but we've been on Norwegian before. Had a great time. I can't answer your questions on the Spirit, but look forward to meeting you on the trip. We're from CT and range in age from 10 to 71. See you in December.

Danny

Archived