GOFF"S CAY. Recently

ZUMA

zydecocruiser, looking at your pictures it doesn't look as if they took you guys into the really deep water? Did they? I know when I went with Goff's Caye in 2005 we went wayyyy out from the caye where it wasn't even visible. Anywhere from 8-40 feet. I was thinking of doing it again, but I really want to go back into the deep water.

Maybe a different tour? We could see the island and drift snorkeled towards it. By the time the boat picked up the people, you could just swim to the island. The water depth where we started was probably about 15-20 ft deep. As it was that day, the water was a little cloudy, so don't think you'd see very much in 40 ft.

Nope, it was Goff's Caye. I'm a little disappointed now. When we went, we were taken out to where we couldn't even see the caye. We then had to take the boat back. Now I'm going to be worried if I take this one that it's not like it before, which is what I really want (I really should do a discovery scuba, but the people with me wouldn't stand for it lol).

Looks like the reef has recovered, we were there in 2004 and it was very sad to see everything broken and no fish. this looks much healthier. the sand sure shifts near the dock a lot, never was so much to the right of it, now it seems as if there is a lot there.

Thanks again for the awesome pics!

Lisa

Cool Pics! Thanks for sharing them.

I am going to Belize in January and our small group(7) is trying to find a excursion operator to take us to Goff's Caye where we can snorkel from and RETURN TO SHIP...LOL...if anyone has any contacts...please pass them forward.

Thanks

Karyn

Archived