Can you carry scissors in your purse onto the ship?

Caitlyn

I think a lot of these responses are missing the point. Ships can't use the same guidelines as airlines do for what is in carryon bags. The purpose of the TSA guidelines is to keep you separated from what is in the checked bags so you can't get into them while you are on the plane. Since you are reunited with your luggage on the ship you have access to everything you brought with you. It would make little sense to confiscate something at embarkation that you would receive in a couple of hours anyway. This of course only applies if you are not flying to the ship. If you are flying, you could also move items into your carryon once you leave the plane so you could carry on whatever items you choose. Hope this helps.

That's why I questioned them for making me take my scissors out of my carryon at Long Beach port. They measured them to make sure they were a certain size:confused: Their response was........security rules change every day.....oookay....

Needles to say they were not very friendly so I did not press the issue....

Archived