Can you drop your luggage off early?

phinfan63

We are sailing on August 23 out of NO and I was wondering if we could drop our luggage at the pier that morning before actual check in? The plan would be to drive the luggage over, go back and park and then do some sight seeing. Does anyone know if they allow this?

Thanks

[b][color=darkslategray]I see you're going on the Holiday...my favorite ship! [/color][/b]
[b][color=#2f4f4f][/color][/b]
[b][color=#2f4f4f]The porters are at the pier around 10:30am to start checking your luggage. I don't know why you couldn't do as you plan. [/color][/b]
[b][color=#2f4f4f]Since you'll be driving into the city, you might want to NOT park your car right away, but take it into the Quarter, or wherever else you are planning on sight-seeing. It's not an easy walk from the pier to the Quarter! [/color][/b]
[b][color=#2f4f4f] Then, I'd suggest getting back to the pier [i]no later[/i] than 3pm for parking and the boarding process. The ship sails at precisely 4pm![/color][/b]
[b][color=#2f4f4f]Also - that late, you probably won't be able to park in the Port Authority lot, but Fulton St. Garage is only 3 blocks away and has the same fees ($12/day) and a comp. shuttle service.[/color][/b]

Actually, we will be driving in a day early and staying at the Hilton Riverside. Our original plan was to walk our luggage to the pier but I have heard there are alot of stairs in between the hotel and the pier. I know you are from NO so maybe you can help out with this - is it too much to walk?

[b][color=darkslategray]Oh, I didn't realize you're leaving your car at the Hilton. Great! However, the walk to the pier would be 'way too much for me to handle if I were carrying or pulling luggage. The steps can be killer even without luggage![/color][/b]

[b][color=darkslategray] Unfortunately, the cabs all seem to charge $7pp anywhere around the city, BUT I'd go for it anyway. (You don't wanna be huffin' and puffin' and cussin' before you even get to the ship!):D [/color][/b]
[b][color=#2f4f4f] I hope y'all have a wonderful cruise and a great time beforehand in our great city! Anything else I can help you with?[/color][/b]

Cotton - You are such a big help. It sounds like a taxi is definintely the way to go (saves the trouble of trying to drive in the traffic too).

Someone else on another board that I posted this too thought it was a little nutty to want to spend the time in NO but I have been there and am almost as excited about that as the cruise. I love NO and my BF has never been so I think she should get to see as much as we can squeeze in.

I'm sure as the time gets closer I will probably think of more questions for you. You are my Holiday expert ! When is your next cruise?

[b][color=darkslategray]Nutty to want to spend time in N.O.? Hmmm, I'd question who the nutty one is!:D I have to agree with you, even tho a bit prejudiced, N'awlins is a wonderful city, no matter what time of year. I know your friend will LOVE being there for the first time. (Get some feather boas in the Quarter, and wear them on the ship! Fun time!)[/color][/b]

[b][color=#2f4f4f]Oh, next cruise is Nov. 1 on the Sensation when she relocates to N.O. Three Holiday cruises in a row....love her, but need a little change.:) (However, since the Holiday will be homeported in Mobile, it'll be even easier to sail on her in the future.)[/color][/b]

Archived