Anyone rent 4x4 in Aruba???

jenr

We are looking into this for our Destiny cruise in September and I am having a hard time finding a place to rent one from. Does anyone have any experience with this or advice? Thanks much

We were in Aruba March 2004, had no problem at all, walking off the ship (which was full and several others docked as well) and renting at the pier. You walk down the pier. there will be a sign that says "Car Rentals" a security guard is in a booth and opens a gate for you to walk thru. There is about 8 different company, with their booths. We rented from Top Drive/Royal, a brand new 4 x 4 jimmy. Sat 4 comfy. Top came off, but we left it on. It was 80.00 and we had it till 6:00pm.

I am the type who has to have everything planned and reserved! I was told not to worry, do not make reservations and it went very smooth! Good luck, have fn!

We reserved a vehicle (minivan) for our group of seven though Avis.com. They had the van ready at their counter at the pier when the ship arrived that morning. Completely smooth pick-up and drop-off. Like you, I like to plan ahead, especially since we were traveling with a two year old. Renting a vehicle is definitely the way to go in Aruba. We got the van so that we could all ride together, and it was absolutely one of the most delightful excursions ever! Just a tip: even if you're planning to go off-roading, tell them No if they ask. I've heard of people being denied rentals because they said Yes. :) Have a great cruise!

We have been to Aruba twice and both times walked off the ship and across the street to rent a Jeep. Didn't have a problem getting one either time and this is still the most fun we have had on any island we've been to. This is the only way to see the other side of the island, which is amazing. It looks more like the Grand Canyon with the beautiful Caribbean beaches.

you can also do the jeep tour. We did it 2 years ago and had a complete blast. You get to stop and see different landmarks (natural bridge, lighthouse, etc, and end the day at little island for a barbeque and snorkeling. I highly recommend it.:cool:

Frameking I would also like to know how you booked your jeep tour. For everyone else that rented their own Jeep were you able to get it right at the cruise terminal and how late could you keep it. We will be in Aruba until 11:00pm, not that we need it that late, but into the evening would be nice! Thanks for all you responses, it has been very helpful!

Archived