Labadee water parks?

katie92

We are sailing on Explorer in a couple of weeks and have noticed that they have added the water slide and splash bash since we were in Labadee two years ago. Can anyone give me some input on the new additions? We are traveling with kids ranging from 5-9. Are they too old for the splash bash? It is hard to tell from the RCCL excursion picture. Also is the water slide connected to the aqua park? I know there is a separate fee but is it set up similar to the aqua park( in the lagoon?)

We are trying to pre-book some of the excursions but are having a hard time making a decision. WE did do the aqua park excursion last time the kids loved it although they needed alot of help getting up and down on the different things.

Thanks for the help and happy sailing everyone!!!:)

I am in the same boat for next month, lol. Things have sure changed since we were there also. I think the splash bash is for the smaller ones??? What we decided to do was just wait to we are on shore and check them out, you still can sigh up and book then. We are going to book wave runners ahead of time, that is it.

Your kids ages 5 to 9 are definitely not too small to play at Luc's Splash Bash. I believe the cost is only $5 per person for a two-hour period. The day we were there, they told us the kids could come and go all day.

The water slide is not connected to the aqua park, but is right beside it and is on land. It is huge, and my kids loved it. In fact, they made us (DH and I) book it this year. The cost is $20 per person, and that is for the whole day.

The aqua park is in the water. I think it's like $15 per person for a 50-minute period. Life jackets are provided and required for everyone.

If you click on my Voyager review below, and then click on the link to my pictures, you will see many pictures from Labadee, including Luc's, the slide and the aqua park.

Thanks KelJ. The pictures were great and helped us make up our mind we booked the splash bash and the water slide.

2 weeks 3 days to go. Can't wait. :)

Your kids ages 5 to 9 are definitely not too small to play at Luc's Splash Bash. I believe the cost is only $5 per person for a two-hour period. The day we were there, they told us the kids could come and go all day.

The water slide is not connected to the aqua park, but is right beside it and is on land. It is huge, and my kids loved it. In fact, they made us (DH and I) book it this year. The cost is $20 per person, and that is for the whole day.

The aqua park is in the water. I think it's like $15 per person for a 50-minute period. Life jackets are provided and required for everyone.

If you click on my Voyager review below, and then click on the link to my pictures, you will see many pictures from Labadee, including Luc's, the slide and the aqua park.

FYI, we were there last week and the water slide had a big hole in it. They were not sure how long it would take to fix.

FG

Hopefully someone will post here when it's back up and running. My kids would be very disappointed if it weren't working.:(

We were there last week with 6 kids age 2 - 13. The 3 older kids did the aqua park. They did not like it. The didnt like that they had to wear the life jacket and they found it very difficult to climb on many of the floats.

When they got off, they went to Lucs with the smaller kids and had a ball.

They spend the majority of the day there. We were charged $5 per child for the whole day.

It looks like the aqua park at Labadee and Paradise Beach in Cozumel offer similar water toys like the iceburg and trampoline. We will be visiting both on our next cruise. Any suggestions as to which is better. My kids are good swimmers, but I'm not sure about how difficult it is to climb the iceburg. Is the iceburg at one beach smaller and easier to climb? I'm leaning toward doing just the slide at Labadee and the iceburg and trampoline in Cozumel.

we went to Paradise beach, and it is really hard to get on the iceberg, once on it the climbing part is easy. You really need a lot of upper body strenght to do it, which I obviously do not have, I could not get on it. I helped my girls getting on, by having them get on a float then transfer to the iceberg, they loved it, especially my older one who was 9 at the the time.

How is the lunch on Labadee, worth it or is it better to have lunch on the ship?

Lunch on Labadee was awesome, in my opinion. They had the BEST bbq'ed Jerk Chicken! Their salads were good and so were the cookies. It was a great BBQ lunch...I think it would be worth it to stay on the island and eat. They also had Haitian music & dancers right next door to entertain while you ate, and it was really nice!

Archived