Best beach for young children?

katsmom1

Which beach would be best for young children (ages 3,4, and 6)? We've looking for one with lots of sand (not rocky), shade or umbrella, relatively calm water, gradual slope, bathrooms, and preferably not too crowded. I think I've ruled out Coki and Magens because they'll probably be crowded. The ones I'm been considering are Morningstar, Sapphire, or Secret Harbor. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Secret Harbour and Sapphire have the most shade. Morningstar has none and even though the water is not rough, there are small swells and the drop is not that gradual. When I stepped into the water, it was just above my knees.

A while back someone wrote about having taken their young kids to Secret Harbour and they enjoyed it very much. Sapphire is fine for kids but from photos I've seen it can get choppy, though the day we were there it was gorgeous. Others with young kids have written good comments about Lindberg/Emerald Beach.

Godfrey, who runs a popular tour that's frequently talked about here says that when conditions are not great at Coki, Sapphire, or Magen's, he takes people to Secret Harbour.

Archived