MCO to Cape Canaveral

Willbcruisin

• 4 weeks later...

There are many transportation companies, but here are some that come recommended from a disney related forum I frequent:

www.quicksilver-tours.com I've used them personally & was satisified

www.lordentransportation.com I use Dennis almost exclusively

www.taxi-mco.com I've used Ed Korgan last October with no problems (clean SUV and very reasonably priced)

www.sunraytransportation.com They are getting stellar reviews but I haven't used them

www.tiffanytowncar.com Had some mixed reviews but my friend uses them exclusively

www.happylimo.com Recommended by www.mousesavers.com - as a reader service is guaranteed. I'm not sure if this is for DCL only. Had some mixed reviews but seems to be improving. Used once for stretch hummer and navigator and had issues myself back in 2005 before the service guaranteed thing was implemented.

www.fltours.com Another company that get decent reviews

www.selimo.com They get stellar reviews as well (have to note they've not had one single complaint with BBB when I was checking on them)

Some of these companies have coupons on their site. If you go to www.disboards.com and click FL Tours link through there it may yield a lower rate. Tiffany has a coupon on their site as well. Happy Limo - coupon on mousesavers.

HTH!

We flew into MCO last Nov, rented a car and drove to port Canaveral. It is an easy drive and the car rental place, (Budget) dropped us off at the port. This was much less expensive than any shuttles we could find and we could go on our own schedule and do a little site seeing on the way. We did the same thing on the return trip, with Budget picking us up at the port. We spent some time that day at Kennedy Space Center and then a night in Orlando before leaving the next day.

Has anyone used aceluxurylimos?

I've checked with most of the others listed above....Happy limo only offers discounts on roundtrips. Ace is the most reasonable so far from Mco to the port.

I have rented a budget vehicle for the return as we will be staying in Mco post cruise.

I'm surprised there is not much info on this?

I'm not really familiar with them. They've been on BBB for about a year with one complaint where the company made every reasonable effort to resolve it.

If you're willing to rent a vehicle after the cruise to return to the airport can I ask what is stopping you from renting a vehicle to go to port? Renting a car to go to port is no big deal at all. Really! :D It's literally a straight shot from the airport. Just hitting the beeline expressway right from the terminal. There is an RaceTrac very close to the rental companies where you can top off the tank before returning - also will give you an opportunity for the beer/water run. Budget, Avis, Hertz and Thrifty are all close to port with shuttles. Hertz and Thrifty are off site at the airport (Hertz shuttles runs pretty frequent from my experience) while Budget and Avis are right in the airport. A full size car runs about $40 or thereabout. It's going to be cheaper than a private car company.

Sorry for the mixed signals. I know I gave a laundry list of towncar companies. Now I'm encouraging you to go with a rental. :rolleyes:

Can I ask how much Ace was charging for the one way? :)

Hi and Thanks,

I have a rental booked for return due to staying in MCO. I have a 2 day SUV due to amount of pax and luggage! Full size car will not cut it!

Ace wants $160 plus driver gratuity. They seem to all be about the same.

We are flying in a few days early and love to have a car pick us up at the airport! The kids love it and it's not that much more $ compared to the rental and they carry the luggage!!!:D

As far as water/beer/soda stops the hotel has a shuttle that will bring us at no charge! Once at the hotel we will not be needing a rental so we just would have more fun with a limo!!!! We had such good luck last year in MIA with Larrys limo service and were hoping we could do as well this year!!

Thanks again for the replies and I'll still be keeping an eye out for any personal experiences with the local limo companies there!

No problem! But just make sure they can handle all the luggage. A limo doesn't have much more trunk space than a towncar - maybe 6 bags. They can put one/two up front with the driver. ;) Just something to consider when packing.

That's funny.... I did inquire! Myself and my girls have this down to a science with room to spare! It's the "Aunt" that has luggage issues and we tease her all the time!!

I have had to "limit" her for this cruise....lol! If not I said she had to rent her own car for her luggage!:D

Since I don't drive, a rental doesn't apply. And I really don't want to pay for a limo/towncar for just myself. Cruise is nearly six months away--and I may "team up" with others also in my situation before that. But, in "worst case scenerio", what are your suggestions.

Since I don't drive, a rental doesn't apply. And I really don't want to pay for a limo/towncar for just myself. Cruise is nearly six months away--and I may "team up" with others also in my situation before that. But, in "worst case scenerio", what are your suggestions.

I have used the cruise line shuttle and it seems to work well.

• 7 years later...
Great Post, The Best, most comfortable e cheap service from MCO to cape Canaveral: Orlando Magic Transportation ( MCO to port canaveral ? Orlando International airport transportation | MCO to Port Canaveral $35.00 per person ? Orlando Magic Transportation Daily Shuttle from Orlando Airport to Cape Canaveral )

This company is a big, big scam. Do not use these gypsies.