Leaving early During Shows???

geofg

As a performer, I can confirm what Kristi said about not knowing if people leave or not. There are a lot of things going on in our heads up there onstage, performers rarely know when people leave. If you are in the first few rows and want to leave, just try to pick an appropriate time so as not to be rude to your fellow audience members and also not to distract the performers. Choose a time in between musical numbers (while the audience is applauding) or a scene change...etc. Most Performers don't take a "walk out" as something personal because there are soooo many reasons people may leave....most of them stated here in this thread.

Happy Sailing!

Please remember our guidelines:

Harassment, Flaming and Trolls The harassment of our members is not allowed.

Cruise Critic is committed to providing an online environment that is free from these types of harassing postings. Please, don't attack another poster personally. Do not harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another member that is unwanted. This means: don't say bad things about them, don't keep sending them unwanted Instant Message notes, don't attack their race, heritage, etc. If you disagree with someone, respond to the subject, not the person. Postings of this nature will be removed from the boards.

This applies even if you think someone was rude or mean in another thread. Let's try to keep Cruise Critic a positive place to come chat about cruising! :D

I have quietly exited from many a cruise ship show whether I was front-row center or standing room only in the back of the theatre. And, will continue to do so any time a performance does not suit my taste.

Enjoy your next cruise, geofg!

We always sit in the back of the auditorium or in the mezzanine so that if the show is not to our liking, or if we simply get tired, we can get up and leave without disturbing anyone else (we also try to sit on the aisle). I'd say that about 50% of the time we leave, and that figure gets higher for most comedians and some singers for whom it is obvious why they don't have a land gig.

However, one line which we have cruised, NCL, has excellent review shows with their in-house ensemble, and one VERY special female jazz and pop vocalist who has been with them for twenty years.

We usually have tried to make it to the llPM to midnight "adult" entertainment comedians, but since we are early risers we're usually long gone to oblivian before that. On the other hand, watching the sun rise from the bow of the ship is one of the things we always look forward to.

BnB

Archived