Casual onboard wedding attire??

Jenzkind

My fiance and I have never been on a cruise before. We've decided that we want to have an onboard wedding on a cruise ship before it embarks, so family/friends can be at the ceremony but don't have to go on the cruise.

In all the online research I've done, it looks like most shipboard weddings are formal, with the bride wearing a traditional wedding gown and the groom in a tux.

This may be a silly question, but do cruise lines mandate that you must have a formal attire for weddings? Is it possible for us and our friends/family to be in casual attire during the ceremony?

Thanks!

Its your day! Wear what you want to wear. I think most first time brides, like to go the traditional way, but I have also seen some casual brides pictures on this board, where the bride had a white sundress and the groom had white linen pants and shirt with sandles. Good luck!

Its your day!!!! Your decision!

Im getting married next year (1st timers)- my fiance and I arent doing formal. Simple white cotton/linen dress and who knows what he's planning to wear ..haha We knows it def. something simple (we love linen/cotten). Doing a casual wedding decreases the stress of hunting for a dress & tux. And he is def a stress free man.

In the end, you do what you want to do and what fits your personality.

:D

I'm getting married this November on the beach at on of the ports. I'm wearing a coral sundress from Ann Taylor and my fiance is wearing a white shirt and khaki pants. It's your day - wear what will make you happy - congrats and lots of luck to you!

I goty married 3 years ago on the enchantment, at the port. I wore a cotton sundress and my husband wore shorts and a shirt. Guests wore casual and everyone was happy. Good Luck

Robyn

Archived