Waikiki Marriott post-cruise accomodations

cdkempton

We're already booked through NCL package and I'm wondering if anyone has done this. We're in cat "C" on the ship. Does anyone know what type of room we'll have at the hotel?? I'm thinking we may want to upgrade on our own if it's the cheapest grade room. Would appreciate any information on this. Thanks :) Colette

Too bad hawaiideb isn't around anymore ... she was our resident Marriott expert. Unfortunately, it won't make any difference what level of cabin that you had on the ship - if you book your post cruise package through NCL (or any cruiseline for that matter), the hotel room you get will be the "run-of-the-house" room which will be your standard room for the hotel (which aren't bad - very comfortable, actually, though the rooms didn't wow me). You may want to book on your own and specify what type of room that you want - you may have to pay air deviation but you'll be sure to get a room that you really want. For that matter, you may want to look at other hotels. :)

Spleen

Thanks for the reply Spleen. I have sent an email to the hotel to see if they'll provide any current room assignment information. When we make our final payment on Monday I will be phoning NCL and see what they can offer. I think I'll probably get more direct info from the hotel. We got such a good rate on the 11 day plus 3 night post cruise package that we booked it right away. We've made our own air arrangements because we could fly from our local small airport (Chico, CA) to SFO and on to HNL for a total $ of only $12 more than NCL would book us out of SFO. Since we fly from Chico we don't need to spend the night before in SFO and pay the $15/day parking. (We park for free in Chico.:D) Oh well, we'll see...........Happy Sails

Colette

After reading some very good reviews about this hotel after it's renovations were complete, we decide to book our pre-cruise stay there. We did have the option of what type of room we could get, and we selected a full ocean view room. It did cost extra, but that's expected. NCL has the costs listed on their website if you did want to upgrade from run-of-the-house.

We always stay in an oceanview room when we visit Hawaii, and it's definitely worth the exta cost, in our opinion.

Hope this helps!

We're already booked through NCL package and I'm wondering if anyone has done this. We're in cat "C" on the ship. Does anyone know what type of room we'll have at the hotel?? I'm thinking we may want to upgrade on our own if it's the cheapest grade room. Would appreciate any information on this. Thanks :) Colette

We are booked at the Raddison Prince Kuhio, pre-cruise for 3 days (thru NCL), and I contacted the hotel directly. They di not have my reservation yet, saying they get the information 14 days before the cruise . (?) I have to contact NCL myself to verify this. Bob

POA 9/5/2004

I called NCL this a.m. and asked what type of room we had. The rep couldn't tell me. Since it was booked as a package cruise w/post stay she couldn't even break down the value of the hotel stay, so no help there. I am still waiting to hear back from the hotel. I have a feeling we'll have to wait until closer to cruise time (like you said - probably 14 days ahead) to see about upgrading. Thanks for your reply. Colette

Hey ya'll. Hawaiideb here, now technically Kansasdeb, since we just moved from Nashville to Overland Park, KS. Still keeping in touch with friends in Hawaii, and surfing boards helping DS plan her first cruise. As far as the Marriott, was just there in April for a week during spring break(DH had to work, I got to play!) I would definitely ask for the back tower! While it is farther from the beach, it is the one that was updated. As far as I know, the front tower just isn't as nice. Almost all of the rooms have an ocean view, but not necessarily ocean front.

If you are a Marriott rewards member, ask for a 55 room. These are corner rooms in the back tower that have two lanais and are a junior suite. DH still gets these every time he gets to fly over. Course, he has stayed over 4 months total on property. I did notice that when airline crews are booked into the hotel, they always go into the back tower. That usually tells me something!

I was encouraged to see a lot of the retail space on the first floor being rented out. Still have some to go, but it looked like things were picking up. Don't forget to grab a drink or a pizza at the pool restaurant. They are quite good, and the pizzas are resonable. Course, I still like the fact that across the street is a Wolfgang Puck's Express, and a Coldstone Creamery!! Yum,Yum.

Well, hope you have a great trip. DH is planning a three week return in October for work(poor baby, don't we all feel so sorry for him!!) Have a wonderful time, and enjoy! Aloha!

Debbie

• 2 weeks later...

Debbie -

Are you the Debbie that is friends with my TA, Judi C.?

If you are, Judi is suppose to be asking you whether we should stay at the Marriott or the Kahala Mandarin Oriental two nights post cruise from the Serenade. We really want to stay in the Kahala area because it is out of the way, but just not sure.

What is your opinion?

No, I'm not the Debbie your TA knows. Sorry! I love the Kahala Mandarin Oriental. Never stayed there, but would go and walk around and visit friends at the country club next door(DD went to a pool party there). I would say it would be based on your budget. If you can, the Kahala Mandarin is neat because it is off the beaten path. Marriott I imagine would be a lot less. I think you would enjoy either property, but Marriott just isn't as nice.

Archived