Tank Tops...

Gabgab

I have been reading alot up on this whole idea about dressing up resort casual for dinner. This intails no jeans, shorts, etc.. My question is what is the NCL diffenition of tank tops? I know for alot of older folks this may seem slimple but most of my nice shirts that I wear during summer and spring may be considered tank top cause of their straps. I am 22 years old and I really dont want to have to pack and wear my "teacher" cloths on vacation. I do have a slight issue not be able to wear jeans either because I have quite a few pairs of jeans that are nicer then what I see many other people wear, but that goes into whole another debate wich will never be solved so I will stop myself now. Anyways thank u guys for your help in clairfying this for me.

you will have more of a problem at the Blue Mosque then you will on the ship. the only place you can't wear your jeans/shorts and tank tops will be the specialty restaurants and main dining rooms. then only for the dinner hours.

at some of the historial sites, bare arms and shorts are forbidden.

Does a tank top have a collar?

Does a t-shirt have a collar?

If they won't allow a t-shirt, why would you believe they would allow a tank top?

I think there's some confusion regarding casual "tank top" (or "muscle" shirt for men) and a sleeveless ladies top (or sleeveless dress). By your definition, a strapless ball gown wouldn't be appropriate on formal night because it doesn't have a collar!

Casual tank top = Not at dinner

Nice sleeveless top or sleeveless dress = Yes at dinner

beachchick

If they won't allow a t-shirt, why would you believe they would allow a tank top?

Not sure if it is established that the OP is a man or a woman. Those shirt collar rules apply to men not woman.

However, I think the shirt collar rule is rather silly. My husband has some rather nice collarless shirts that are not tooooooo casual in my opinion and he wears them with nice kaki pants with no problem. I think they have this rule so that people are not over doing the casual clause.

Not sure if it is established that the OP is a man or a woman. Those shirt collar rules apply to men not woman.

However, I think the shirt collar rule is rather silly. My husband has some rather nice collarless shirts that are not tooooooo casual in my opinion and he wears them with nice kaki pants with no problem. I think they have this rule so that people are not over doing the casual clause.

My husband also. He likes the Guido style of dress shoes, dress slacks & a silk-knit "tshirt". He's never felt or looked out of place when we eat at nice restaurants. Or "country club casual" cruises...

I think also for younger adult male cruisers the collar distinction fails in some other ways. For example, depending on the situation I think a clean, pressed t-shirt with a tasteful stripe around the chest would be appropriate with khakis on a non-formal night, while some of the collared-type shirts out there these days have tacky 70's-style embroidery on them, or are even sold pre-worn with holes already in them and would not be appropriate in a specialty restaurant.

I agree that the "no tank top" rule is aimed at men. No one wants to look at a hairy guy in a sleeveless, scoop-neck-and-back shirt outside of the pool area.

Women's evening clothes often have thin straps, scoop necklines and low backs, and they're considered even nicer than "resort casual." That's because most women don't have to worry about dropping chest and pit hairs in their soup. :eek: :D

Women's evening clothes often have thin straps, scoop necklines and low backs, and they're considered even nicer than "resort casual." That's because most women don't have to worry about dropping chest and pit hairs in their soup. :eek: :D

And that is a wonderful thing :D

Archived