Is a sweatshirt warm enough????

Ari939

We will be sailing from New York to the Bahamas/Florida on the Dawn Nov. 5th. I was wondering if a sweatshirt would be warm enough for those couple of days traveling down and back. Was anyone on this cruise last year at this time? Thanks in advance!

We will be sailing from New York to the Bahamas/Flordia on the Dawn Nov. 5th. I was wondering if a sweatshirt would be warm enough for those couple of days traveling down and back. Was anyone on this cruise last year at this time? Thanks in advance!
Depending on the temperature leaving NYC you might want a jacket so you can enjoy being out on deck to watch the city, Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty pass by. Other than that a sweatshirt will work.

However, you might want to spruce up the outfit more with a nice cotton sweater instead of the sweat shirt.

Well, there are sweatshirts and then there are SWEATSHIRTS. If you mean one of those little 7 oz or under sweatshirts often sold by street vendors, probably not (slightly heavier than long sleeve tee). If you're referring to a reverse weave 11-13 oz shirts sold often as team warm ups for track & field teams that'll surely do it.

BTW-if raining you'll want something over the top of the sweatshirt. I think fleece is in the sponge family! ;)

-Monte

btw-I ordered garments for a University bookstore for over 20 years

I also would recommend a windbreaker jacket OVER the sweatshirt for the first and last day/night. It is not only the temperature that is concern, but the wind chill. Layering is always the key. I also spray a water proofing solution on handbags and jackets and sneakers before a cruise. You can pick up one in a sporting goods store or walmart.

Archived