Cruise Airline dilemma RCL

Cruise cutie

We booked a vacation for four on RCL. Purchased cruise air to San Juan.

We got docs yesterday and husband and daughter #1 have a different flight from wife and daughter #2. We don't want to travel separately and don't know what to do. Any ideas??!!!!

We got docs yesterday and husband and daughter #1 have a different flight from wife and daughter #2. We don't want to travel separately and don't know what to do. Any ideas??!!!!

You could try to talk to RCL or your TA, but you have just experienced one of the reasons to NOT book cruise air. There really may be nothing to do at this late date, without it costing a fortune.

I would call RCL's air department and talk to them about it. They made the mistake of separating your family (I presume you're all booked under the same reservation) and they should make right and fix it.

I hate to say it, but this is just another reason of why not to go with cruise line air.

I'm guessing what happened is husband and daughter #1 are booked in one room, and wife and daughter # 2 are booked in another room, so they technically would not be under the same reservation (different reservation #s for each room). If that's the case, then no the cruiseline was not under any obligation to put them on the same flights.

What you can do is call whomever you booked with tomorrow morning. If you booked through a TA, you will have to call them and explain your problem. If you booked directly with RCCL, call and ask to speak to the Custom Air department. See what they can do to get you on the same flights. I will warn you that it will cost you at least $50 to make any changes plus the difference in airfares between the flights you are currently booked on and the flights you want to switch to, if it is even possible.

Royal Caribbean allowed us to cancel airfare for a $50/ticket fee.....more than decent of them. The fare I found was $100/ticket cheaper and it is non-stop....so we win even paying the penalty, I think. Thanks again for the in put....

Archived