Captain Marvin - Stingray/Snorkel or Stingray/Island

traveladdicted

Hi,

I'm hoping to get some advice about what to do in Cayman.

My dilemna is just which Captain Marvin tour to choose.

Stingray sandbar and two snorkel stops or stingray sandbar with one snorkel stop and the turtle farm/hell excursion after.

Does time of day matter when visiting the stingrays? One excursion goes at 0830 and the other at around 1030. Is earlier better?

Has anyone else done the shorter stingray/snorkel excursion and added the turtle farm/hell excursion afterwards?

I do love to snorkel but I'd also like to see and do as much as possible. I would also like to do a little shopping in town prior to re-boarding the ship.

Thanks for your help!

The first time we were in GC, we did the CM 2-stop snorkle. The next time, we were there for a week and did the 3-stop trip. The first time we were on the island, we mainly did the shorter excursion because we wanted to do other things. At that time, CM's wasn't doing the optional island tour.

If it were me, I'd do the shorter snorkle (and the earlier one if you can get off the ship in time), and then do the island tour. Then you can do a little shopping in town. I'm not sure where lunch is going to fit in for you, but they do have a snack bar at the turtle farm. The biggest problem for us was trying to figure out what we could fit into a short visit. I think we were off the ship at 8:30, but we had to be back in line by 3:00 or so. I think our ship sailed at 4 or 4:30.

We did an island tour from 8:30 to 10:30 and then walked to Captain Marvin's and did their 2-stop tour. They dropped us at Rackham's for a late lunch and then we had to hurry back to the tender line. We'd also wanted to do a little shopping, but there wasn't time. There is a nice little gift shop right next door to Captain Marvin's. It's not real big, but they have all sorts of things. Captain Marvin's also has a small gift shop inside their building.

We loved Captain Marvin's, in fact, we're going back for a week this January and are going to use them again. They are great group of people. Have fun! :)

Hello traveladdicted,

We have used Capt Marvin twice and both times we did the 2 snorkel. I think that it largely depends on what you enjoy. Both snorkel stops were great and of course we loved stingray city (our grandaughter will never forget it either :)

Ron

Archived