Radiance of the Seas, Deck 3, #3602

Anyone have any experience in this cabin or on this deck. It's a "large" outside stateroom and was wondering if folks thought an upgrade to a balcony would be worthwhile or not. Is there much more square footage with a balcony or do you just get a place to sit outside. We'll be going to Alaska on Aug. 7th so if anyone has any words of wisdom, I'd appreciate it.

Mark

I've sailed Alaska in both an outside cabin and a balcony. Both ships were Vision class ships. There is no comparison, pay the money for the balcony. There is a great deal more freedom and better viewing when you can stand out on the balcony and see forward, aft and down. Plus, it's not nearly as windy on the balcony or as cold as it is on deck. Another plus is not having to jockey for position to see what's going on. This is especially helpful at Hubbard Glacier.

We had a outside cabin on Deck 3 aboard the Radiance when we sailed to Alaska last summer. We liked to watch things out the window but to tell you the truth we weren't in our room that much, there were always things going on. We are going back next summer and this time we are taking the kids with us. We decided to go with a Jr Suite because we would need the extra room. Are you planning on going this year or next?? We are sailing August 7th of next year on the Serenade and I am putting together a CC Group Cruise. Email me at natesfirewife@yahoo.com if you are interested in joining us, please put Alaska in the message box so I don't erase your email.

Misty

We had 3626 and 3628 - somewhat aft large oceanviews. We were very happy with our rooms. We had been concerned about being located so far back, but it was quiet and smooth. Although, of course, I would rather have a balcony, I wouldn't hesitate to book it again -- especially on the Radiance! We had plenty of room also - although it is only a shower, no bath.

Carol B

Thanks for the replies.....there aren't any balcony upgrades available for us right now (Interline rates) but we'll give it a shot on the pier. If not, I suppose we'll survive somehow. :)

Hikergirl, we'll see you on board!

Mark

Archived