Miami - what to do in 1/2 day?

traveladdicted

Hello,

I am staying by the Miami Airport (booked through cruise line) on November 4th.

We get in at about 12:30 on the 4th so I'm wondering if there is anything close by that we can do in our 1/2 day.

I'm probably not comfortable renting a car since I'm sure the traffic will be insane.

Any thoughts would be great. Is there public transportation that will take us anywhere fun?

I was looking at the websites for the Monkey Farm and the zoo but it looks like they close quite early and if it takes us too long to get there we won't have enough time to look around.

There's a mall that looks pretty close and has a Halloween event going on. Would that be worthwhile?

I appreciate all suggestions!!

Thanks for your help!

Hello,

I am staying by the Miami Airport (booked through cruise line) on November 4th.

We get in at about 12:30 on the 4th so I'm wondering if there is anything close by that we can do in our 1/2 day.

I'm probably not comfortable renting a car since I'm sure the traffic will be insane.

Any thoughts would be great. Is there public transportation that will take us anywhere fun?

I was looking at the websites for the Monkey Farm and the zoo but it looks like they close quite early and if it takes us too long to get there we won't have enough time to look around.

There's a mall that looks pretty close and has a Halloween event going on. Would that be worthwhile?

I appreciate all suggestions!!

Thanks for your help!

Around the airport area there really isn't much to do. The mall where the Halloween event is going on is International Mall on the outskirts by the parking lot. I'm not sure that anything is going on this year since I really haven't seen any signs up around the city and usually there is.

The Monkey Farm is very far from the airport area, it is on the way to Homestad and it is not recommendable to go there unless you have a car. The Zoo is also far to far for a taxi ride as it will cost you an arm and a leg.

If anything you can check out Dolphin Mall or International mall which are practically nect to each other. Dolphin Mall has a Dave & Busters and several bars, restaurants, a really neat bolwing alley and a LOT of shops. You can maybe get a cab from your hotel to downtown Coral Gables and walk around MIracle Mile and get some ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery or also get something to eat. But the Gables is at least 15 minutes away..depending on traffic could be more.

Archived