Required Arrival Time

BJD1r

I'm looking at booking either the 4/21 or 4/28 Southern Caribbean itineraries out of San Juan, PR. The departure from San Juan for both is 11:00pm. Given the late departure, what is the latest flight time I can arrive into San Juan with?

Thanks for the help,

Brandon

I'm looking at booking either the 4/21 or 4/28 Southern Caribbean itineraries out of San Juan, PR. The departure from San Juan for both is 11:00pm. Given the late departure, what is the latest flight time I can arrive into San Juan with?

Thanks for the help,

Brandon

I can't tell what area of the country you a flying from but late April can sill have quite a bit of spring weather across the country. The chance of enroute weather delays should really drive how late a flight you take into San Juan.

I think muster drill was scheduled for 5:30 PM with a make up drill scheduled for later that evening or early the next day for late arrivals. I don't think I would take a flight that arrives much later than 8 PM.

I believe your travel documents will list the latest that they want you to arrive. If you need to know right now, I would call Princess CS and you might get a good answer.

Enjoy!

You have to be onboard the ship no later than 10pm. It took us about an hour to get our bags at SJU, the port is probably about 20 to 30 minutes away from the airport (depends on traffic). I wouldn't risk anything later than a 7pm arrival, but even that would really be risking it. You should really be trying for the earliest arrival you can into SJU just in case there are delays.

We were on this same type cruise in March and met a couple that almost missed the ship because of flight delays. Their original arrival schedule was around 5:30PM but just barely made it to the ship around 10:15PM.

I'd recommend an arrival of noon or before (SJU time) to be safe and to enjoy the ship and San Juan. Wouldn't want to miss the first day of your cruise! :)

I'm looking at booking either the 4/21 or 4/28 Southern Caribbean itineraries out of San Juan, PR. The departure from San Juan for both is 11:00pm. Given the late departure, what is the latest flight time I can arrive into San Juan with? Thanks for the help, Brandon

Why chance it. Why schedule yourself for the last possible minute. A lost bag, slight flight delay, trouble getting transportation to the ship, traffic..... any of those could mean you will be getting a great picture of the ship after it has set sail. :eek:

We are arriving at 1:00 PM. We can get right on the ship and even get off and visit San Juan for a few hours and then get back on.

I wouldn't take a chance arriving too late - if your flight is cancelled for any reason or really arrives, you might be stuck waiving goodbye at the pier as the ship takes off.

I travel a lot for my job, about twice a week. I can say that in the last six months the on-time rate for airlines has hit rock bottom. I've never seen it this bad.

Please! If at all possible fly in the day before.

Archived