QM2 Caribbean Cruise & Princess Grill 12/16/06

queenteacher

We were just informed by our wonderful TA that we have been upgraded from our A2 cabin to a Princess Grills Suite! We spent most of yesterday alternating between dancing, shopping, and then fretting! I truly need some help from past guests who have been in the Princess Grill Suites.

Let me begin with the issue of clothing. My mother brought me up to always look appropriate to the occasions. As I am unfamiliar with this particular cruise, I would like advice here.

1) What is the day wear on this ship?

2) We are able to have tea in the Queens Grill lounge, what is the appropriate dress for this?

3) Dinner. We have our tuxedo and evening gowns for the formail nights (still trying to find out if it's 2 or 3 formal nights). But what is the appropriate dress for the other nights in the Princess Grill?

The ship is beatiful and we have been to most of the ports. We would like to stay on board most of the time. Does anyone have copies of the Daily Itineraries for the Southern Caribbean sailings?

Addditionally, any information that you believe helpful would be appreciated.

Thank you!

We are on the 25 November Caribbean cruise on QM2. We received our documents two days ago there will be 3 formal 1 semi-formal and 3 casual nights. We also are in the Princess Grill and I am wondering if a Nat Nast/Tommy Bahama type shirt untucked is appropriate for casual nights or should I wear a jacket with dress shirt and no tie?

We were just informed by our wonderful TA that we have been upgraded from our A2 cabin to a Princess Grills Suite! We spent most of yesterday alternating between dancing, shopping, and then fretting! I truly need some help from past guests who have been in the Princess Grill Suites.

Let me begin with the issue of clothing. My mother brought me up to always look appropriate to the occasions. As I am unfamiliar with this particular cruise, I would like advice here.

1) What is the day wear on this ship?

2) We are able to have tea in the Queens Grill lounge, what is the appropriate dress for this?

3) Dinner. We have our tuxedo and evening gowns for the formail nights (still trying to find out if it's 2 or 3 formal nights). But what is the appropriate dress for the other nights in the Princess Grill?

The ship is beatiful and we have been to most of the ports. We would like to stay on board most of the time. Does anyone have copies of the Daily Itineraries for the Southern Caribbean sailings?

Addditionally, any information that you believe helpful would be appreciated.

Thank you!

CONGRATS ON THE GREAT UPGRADE!!! WE Are sailing on dec 9 this is our 2nd trip on the QM2 the last time we were in the princess grill and luv'd it!! your in for a real treat enjoy!!!! yes you can go to the queens lounge a great place to have a quiet tea or cocktail and relax!!

in the next week or two you will recieve your first mailing from cunard whcih will be a brochure dealing with most of your questions !! the brochure will also list the shore excursions that are offered then about 1 month from sailing youwill recieve your sailing documents!! daily programs have been listed on this board perhaps the search bar will help you !! bon voyage

Congrats on your upgrade. I was upgraded from A2 to Princess on my cruise in Sept from NYC to Nova Scotia. Dress is the same as in the Britannia. The daily program will tell you the days dress code. During the day: No JEANS. You could wear neat shorts or khakis on board during the day, although you cant wear shorts to the shows, dinner. Queens Grill tea I would wear khaki pants, a pants suit or dress. Dinner in the Princess, other than formal nites, would be a dress, pants suit for gals and shirt and dinner jacket for men.

During the day: No JEANS. You could wear neat shorts or khakis on board during the day, although you cant wear shorts to the shows, dinner.

Me thinks that Nuekruizer has an obvious bias against jeans. I can assure you that you will see well dressed passengers in jeans onboard. And you will see jeans and shorts in the grill rooms during breakfast and lunch.

Last January a friend and I were on the QE2 for the Winter Crossing and remained onboard to Ft. Lauderdale. We dined in the Queens Grill. I did see nice jeans, khakis, and cordaroy slacks during the day in the grills during the portion from Southampton to New York. When most of the crossers left the ship and the world cruisers came on the dress became much more relaxed. Yes, there were people in shorts that were seated in the Queens Grill for lunch. The world cruise did not come to an end, the ship remained on course, but the tone of the voyage changed.

I think the key to successful dress on the Cunard ships is to dress respectfully, in clean, neat clothes, follow the days suggested dress, and in the evening wear what you would to a fine restaurant and show.

Archived