St Thomas - St Johns

mblackman

We are going in December (Carnival Valor) and are looking for a non-Carnival vendor to take our family of 5 snorkeling in either St Thomas or St Johns

Also, any good scuba operators in the Bahamas or St Maarten would be appreciated

Thanks

If you have your own snorkling gear you could take the ferry from Charlotte Amalie or Red Hook in St. Thomas to St. John. Then get a cab to take you to Trunk Bay AND bring you back. You can snorkle right from the beach and they have an uderwater trail to follow. But last time we were there, our cabbie was more interested in his dominoes game than taking us back to get the ferry. We ended up quietly just getting on "bus" with a group. They didn't realize we didn't belong and we JUST got the last ferry back or would have missed the ship! So plan to get back with enough time so you won't miss the ship!

In St.Maartin we had been told a few times that Dawn Beach was good snorkling. Maybe we saw two fish. You might want to go off shore with a tour for decent snorkling. Haven't found good beach for snorkling there and been there 5 times!

You said Bahamas. Do you mean Nassau, Freeport or ???

You'll enjoy the Valor. Were on her in March. Check out the seafood only restaurant above buffet and their made to order deli!

Hi BonnieJ: Snorkeling at Trunk Bay was a highlight of my cruise two years ago. I grabbed a cab at the pier to Red Hook and then a ferry to St. John where I hired a local to drive to Trunk Bay and pick me up at a specific time. The beach was beautiful and the snorkeling trail was fun too. On the way back, I had a cocktail at an Irish pub I think in Red Hook where the iguanas were everywhere:eek: -- had no problems at all with transportation back and forth. The cab far and ferry fare were reasonable -- I don't remember how much but I know it wasn't ridiculous. Have fun.

Last Spring we took a great excursion through Princess--full day--snorkeling-lunch-booze--St Thomas to St.John--one of the best we've taken--maybe 7 - 8 hours

We were on b2b and St Thomas was duplicated but were unable to get on it again--iff available--we'll do it again this next Spring

Nancy:D

Archived