How far is Sunset Beach from Ocho Rios?

MrsKnuts2

We'll be on the Mariner of the Seas on 8/1/04, we arrive in Ocho Rios on 8/4/04. In the past we've climbed Dunn's River Falls and we've done an island tour. Looking to go to a beach in the morning and Margaritaville in the afternoon. How far is Sunset Beach from Ocho Rios? We're open for other suggestions for beaches in the area too.

Montego Bay looks to be about 60 miles away from Ocho Rios according to my map. I don't know how it long it would take if there were traffic. And Sunset Beach Resort is in Montego Bay. So it might be a bit of a drive. By the time you paid for the drive to Sunset Beach Resort, it might not be such a good deal for you after all. There is a Margaritaville in Montego Bay that is not so far from Sunset Beach Resort, but I have heard a lot of complaints about it. It is not on a beach, I hear the food is kind of bad, and many have complained that it's too small. It might just be that people are comparing it to the Margaritaville in Ocho Rios. The Margaritaville in Ocho Rios is right on the beach, I hear the food's good, it's large, and has lots of extras. I hear lots of raves about the Margaritaville in Ocho Rios. So you might be better off staying in the Ocho Rios area if you are wanting to go to Margaritaville. I hear the Margaritaville there is much better.

I agree with QT.......I'd stay in Ocho Rios since you're there. If you're wanting another all-inclusive, check the boards. I believe the Sandals in Ocho Rios offers a day pass. It's not as cheap as the Sunset Beach deal, but that might be another option for you. :)

Archived