Deposit for Charlie Soto?

palolake

I can't remember anyone talking about this. Do you have to put down a deposit for a tour with Charlie Soto? If so, how much was it? Does he take the remainder in cash? We're thinking of booking with him for our cruise in January.

I can't remember anyone talking about this. Do you have to put down a deposit for a tour with Charlie Soto? If so, how much was it? Does he take the remainder in cash? We're thinking of booking with him for our cruise in January.

We didn't find out about Charlie until a couple of days before our cruise. He did not ask for any deposits. It was only 2 of us - we joint 4 others who has pre-booked. I am not sure if he needs deposits if it's a larger group. From talking to him on our trip he will even take a group of 2 if that's all the customers that has pre-booked! He also has a big bus for taking larger groups. There was a group of 20+ from a Princess cruise the week after our trip. For a large group he has a helper with him.

He will be carrying a sign with your name on it next to his van. You just have to show up at the agreed time. He really treats his customers like they are old friends.

We are going with Charlie on our Infinity trans-canal next month. He did not require any deposit, but does ask for a list of names beforehand. I wondered if he does name tags, or just wants to have a chance to familiarize himself with everyone's name before picking us up at the pier.

We are going with Charlie on our Infinity trans-canal next month. He did not require any deposit, but does ask for a list of names beforehand. I wondered if he does name tags, or just wants to have a chance to familiarize himself with everyone's name before picking us up at the pier.

Charlie needs your names so that he can put them on a sign. He will be holding the sign with your names as you get off the ship. See the 5th picture in my online Puntarenas album http://picasaweb.google.com/ebslcc.

Are you on the Nov 5th Infinity cruise? We were on the Sept 24th Infinity trans-canal cruise. It was the first ship to arrive in Puntarenas for the fall to spring cruise season.

Laurence

Laurence, thanks for the answer about the names. Yes, we are on the Nov. 5 cruise, which is getting so close I cant concentrate on anything! Thanks so much for all the wonderful photos of Puntarenas and Huatulco, it only made me even more excited about the upcoming voyage!

• 3 weeks later...

Charlie does not require any deposit when booking his tours. There are many good reasons for booking with Charlie, but this is a good faith gesture that you don't often find. I researched many tour companies and they lost my business with some of the demands for a deposit. Deposits can be tricky when you are planning a tour for many people.

We paid in cash at the end of our tour. Charlie provided a wonderful tour and service.

• 1 month later...
Does Charlie have a website? I keep hearing about him but haven't seen how to get a hold of him.

Thanks,

Misty

Misty,

Yes, you can get hold of Charlie Soto by going to okeydokeytoursdotcom, that site should answer your questions but if not there is an email address there as well. He was very prompt at getting back to me and it was a wonderful tour experience.

Randy

Archived