Spirit Balcony

cruisevers

We are booked on the Spirit for Sept. and have an aft balcony. Since Alaska is known for a lot of rain, I am wondering if there is any covering overhead on these balconies? We are on the upper most deck below the pool if that makes a difference. Anyone stayed in one of these cabins? Thanks for any input.:o

We are booked on the Spirit for Sept. and have an aft balcony. Since Alaska is known for a lot of rain, I am wondering if there is any covering overhead on these balconies? We are on the upper most deck below the pool if that makes a difference. Anyone stayed in one of these cabins? Thanks for any input.:o

Let me put it to you this way, 'versley'...

WHAT DIFFERENCE IS IT GONNA MAKE if it rains when you're right below the pool, anyway???

OOHHH "YES"..

I hope you have some 'protection'!

ROFLMAO

Have a GREAT trip!

I believe the Spirit and the Pride are similar ships. We had an aft balcony on the Pride and there was a large overhang. This link will show you some of our pictures of the balcony:

http://community.webshots.com/album/151472444UdRbFN

Since we sailed to the Mexican Riviera, I would have preferred a little bit less of an overhang for more sun on our balcony. My next cruise is on the Spirit and we will again have an aft balcony but on the verandah deck instead of the main deck.

Hmmm....PVP at Carnival said he was almost positive it had an overhang from the deck (pool) above. Thought he wasn't convincing enough!

I hope we haven't wasted extra money if it rains!! We booked last December and had a lot of choices but I thought on the very back would give us a better 180 degree view. We booked using the military (DH Navy 23 years)discount and got a great rate that I have not seen bettered anywhere!

Also, does anyone know if they still have the military discount available?

Well, there ya go! Old age has set in and I can barely remember what happened yesterday. :D And to top it off, my next cruise isn't until end of November. I just remember getting lots of sunshine and "fresh" sea air! Thanks for the pictures, brings back great cruise memories!

Kathy, thanks for the pictures! It looks like the ships are the same. You definitely show a good amount of overhang in your pics. I hope the panorama deck has the same overhang. WE will be able to use it even if it rains if it does.

Yeah!

The last night on the cruise, we were on the Lido deck looking down at the aft cabins. I could not see any deck in the cabins below so that must mean that there is an overhang. I think I remember hearing at one time that the higher up that the aft cabin is, the less of an overhang there is on the balcony. But, I could be wrong. So, just pack an umbrella and be prepared.

For me, when we take the Spirit to the Mexican Riviera, I'm glad to hear that we won't have as much as an overhang as we did on the Main deck. This time we will be on the Verandah deck. We want the sun! :D

I did some searching for cabin pics today and found this one.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/128390509/128472586zRriRD

It is cabin 7347, verandah deck, on the Legend. The legend is a spirit class ship so my guess is that the Carnival Spirit has a simlar lay out. As you can see, the Verandah deck aft balcony does not have the large overhang like out aft cabin on the main deck. This was good news for me since our cruise on this deck with an aft cabin will be to the Mexican Riviera where we should get lots of sun. :cool:

I hope that you do not have much rain on your cruise to Alaska.

Archived