#### LIVE FROM THE CORAL #### (Starting 10/23)

JotWorld

Dinner & Show Report- Live from the Coral

Just got back from the Show: Mickey Finn & Cathy Reilly, Natl. Hall of Fame & Virtuoso Piano-Banjo Team - Excellent:) (Although some people can only take so much banjo & left early:o . She was a Miss America Top ten Finalist in the 60's, she was incredible, this is their 82nd Princess Show Cruise.

Dinner: Was at Table 93(for 10) again w/ Alex from Romainia(Top Waiter), requested. Started with Escargots Baked in Butter (Yummy, Wow), French Onion Soup(Excellent-Done right) , Salad w/ Vinegarette, Beef Tenderloin MR(Perfect) w/ "Paul Bunyon Fries"(My Name:D) & Many Vegies cooked about right. And for Dessert:...................;) Petite Four(Wow, passed them around alot more than 4:D ) & Mint Chocolate Chip Glaze Ice Cream,

Double Scoop. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Very Good. Later...... Bill

Yes, Arlene, you are certainly one of the experts I was referring to. Did you notice a difference between the spring and the fall crossings? We have never spoken to anyone about the crossings to Europe in the spring but two people have told us about the high waves from Europe over to North America. I guess for those of us who love cruising and sea days, it might not make a difference but did you notice any?

Hey Mary, That is Us, we went from Ft Lauderdale to Europe May 2, 2004,

it was perfect,smooth as Glass, as noted in prior post, sorry I didn't give you the Date then:o My Best Mon:D , Bill

Bill,

I've been watching you guys go through the locks this morning. You're just coming out into the lake. It looked awesome on the web cam, so it must have been incredible to be there in person.

Could you see which decks have been opened at the front of the ship? At what time did they start filling up? It probably doesn't matter for me, as I have a tendency to be up before the crack of dawn on the ship anyway. I just love those sun rises when it's just me, the ship and the sea.

5 more weeks (big sigh ...)

Yes, Arlene, you are certainly one of the experts I was referring to. Did you notice a difference between the spring and the fall crossings? We have never spoken to anyone about the crossings to Europe in the spring but two people have told us about the high waves from Europe over to North America. I guess for those of us who love cruising and sea days, it might not make a difference but did you notice any?

The only time I remember bad weather is when I'm affected by it. And the trans we took in September must have been fine. Milt says theoretically the weather/waves should be worse than in spring, but you know about those who theorize. :D

Arlene

Dinner

Dinner: Was at Table 93(for 10) again w/ Alex from Romainia(Top Waiter), requested. Started with Escargots Baked in Butter (Yummy, Wow), French Onion Soup(Excellent-Done right) , Salad w/ Vinegarette, Beef Tenderloin MR(Perfect) w/ "Paul Bunyon Fries"(My Name:D) & Many Vegies cooked about right. And for Dessert:...................;) Petite Four(Wow, passed them around alot more than 4:D ) & Mint Chocolate Chip Glaze Ice Cream,

Double Scoop. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Very Good. Later...... Bill

At last.........most of a dinner I would like. Escargot, one of my favorites. Two orders, please. Onion soup; again a favorite. And salad. That's quite enough for me. BTW, was the I.C. Green or white? If green, I'll have some of that too. :)

Arlene

Bill,

We'll be joining you in just a few days. The excitement is building, particularly as I read your posts. Perhaps I can help you out with the 'Live From' postings when we get on board.

Have you scoped a place / time for the CC group to try and meet on the 11/2 trip?

Jeff

Day 5 The Panama Canal 9:25 AM EST(Not CDT, but the same today;) )

Got out to our Panaroma Caribe Aft Balcony C727, at 6:45AM perfect, Watched the WEB Cam on TV's before getting out in the Very High Humidity;) We were to enter the first lock about 6:30AM but actual was about 7:00(?) got thru all three by 8:15 & Anchored in Gatun Lake by 8:35

We are on the Starboard & it went thru the Left(South)side, Perfect;) same as 1st time. Also the Starboard is the Shady side in early AM, VERY important to me(HOT) (did I say Hot:D )(Also better PICS) Cut........

Day 5 The Panama Canal 9:25 AM EST(Not CDT, but the same today )

Got out to our Panaroma Caribe Aft Balcony C727, at 6:45AM perfect, Watched the WEB Cam on TV's before getting out in the Very High Humidity We were to enter the first lock about 6:30AM but actual was about 7:00(?) got thru all three by 8:15 & Anchored in Gatun Lake by 8:35

We are on the Starboard & it went thru the Left(South)side, Perfect same as 1st time. Also the Starboard is the Shady side in early AM, VERY important to me(HOT) (did I say Hot )(Also better PICS) Cut........

The sky was mostly cloudy this AM for the Transit, I like that & Shade too:D , ther were Crocs in the Entrance before the 1st Lock, on the Banks and in the water.:eek: :eek: :D There was only a Few people on the AFT of the Caribe, also Baja, Dolphin & Emerald. The Caribe is the biggest, deepest & has Chaise Lounges. A great spot to watch, if not from your balcony;) cut

The sky was mostly cloudy this AM for the Transit, I like that & Shade too , ther were Crocs in the Entrance before the 1st Lock, on the Banks and in the water. There was only a Few people on the AFT of the Caribe, also Baja, Dolphin & Emerald. The Caribe is the biggest, deepest & has Chaise Lounges. A great spot to watch, if not from your balcony cut

The Mules are ALL or almost All Brand New, Shiny, A/c's on top, since our

Feb 04 on the Island. (so...That's where some of our about $100 each ticket for transit goes:rolleyes: ) We had room service on the Balcony, of course,

asked for 7-7:30(The 1st Choice) got it at 7:10(good, as a lot do it this AM) The poor Stewards work their hardest, & get the least this day, bc

everyone is out on the Balcs with the doors lock & they leave it at the door, Hence NO Tips:mad: I left my door cracked open & paid him Double today, he was quite hurried:( cut

The Mules are ALL or almost All Brand New, Shiny, A/c's on top, since our

Feb 04 on the Island. (so...That's where some of our about $100 each ticket for transit goes ) We had room service on the Balcony, of course,

asked for 7-7:30(The 1st Choice) got it at 7:10(good, as a lot do it this AM) The poor Stewards work their hardest, & get the least this day, bc

everyone is out on the Balcs with the doors lock & they leave it at the door, Hence NO Tips I left my door cracked open & paid him Double today, he was quite hurried cut

Will be going back to the Cabin/Balc for the going out the Gatun locks shortly, haven't done that yet(last trip we took the Train Tour, it was very good, I like trains:D Will be taking the "Full/Partial" Transit by small boat on the 11/2 trip ($159 PP) 6-8 hrs or longer sometimes, that is why it gets such mixed reviews(IMHO);) (They either Love it or Hate it:D ) Later.......... LIVE from the Canal. Have a Great Day you All! Bill:D

Bill, when we were on the Coral in April one of the dock workers kept waving and yelling, "Always remember me, never forget..I Love You!, I Love You!!". The ship's photogs were outside taking pics of everyone on their balconies...which, since taken from such an unflattering low angle, were awful!!!! (But a good idea, nonetheless)...Keep having fun!!

Bill,

I've been watching you guys go through the locks this morning. You're just coming out into the lake. It looked awesome on the web cam, so it must have been incredible to be there in person.

Could you see which decks have been opened at the front of the ship? At what time did they start filling up? It probably doesn't matter for me, as I have a tendency to be up before the crack of dawn on the ship anyway. I just love those sun rises when it's just me, the ship and the sea.

5 more weeks (big sigh ...)

Hi, went down to Pursers & Met Asst CD, He Said: "No Special"Crew Only doors on this Ship are Avail for the Canal". The Front Viewing is on the Baja(?), & Caribe 10&(11or12?) Go Early, about 6AM????(Not Sure)

THE AFT BACK VIEWING- My Fav:D

Go to the Rear/AFT on Caribe(BEST) or Baja, or Emerald or Dolphin in that order, However, the CARIBE Can't be beat, Both Sides & Aft Railings Will be Avail, at ANYTIME, & you don't need to get there early:D There was only Six people on the Caribe, at any time, My Balc Hangs Next to it, so I can see the Caribe (Public) AFT at all times :D It's the Place to go (IMHO) unless you are on your Balc or you are a Front Only Person;) The Crowds to the Front are not worth it, IMHO cut.... Bill

Bill, when we were on the Coral in April one of the dock workers kept waving and yelling, "Always remember me, never forget..I Love You!, I Love You!!". The ship's photogs were outside taking pics of everyone on their balconies...which, since taken from such an unflattering low angle, were awful!!!! (But a good idea, nonetheless)...Keep having fun!!

That's true, they were doing that a lot this AM(From the Windows, from the Tugs, & from the Mules & Docks, Very, VERY, Very Friendly, it is so nice to see, Waving, Smiling & saying kind things:) ), they seem very thankful & that is Good, (Not like some of those Frenchmen, but that is another story;) ) (Frenchmen listening, please don't Flame me, Irene is 100% FRENCH:D )

We had our PICs taken on our Balc with our Cam from the the Public Caribe AFT Starboard Railing next to us, & I returned the Favor, of course.;)

Thanks for checking in! My Best! Bill

At last.........most of a dinner I would like. Escargot, one of my favorites. Two orders, please. Onion soup; again a favorite. And salad. That's quite enough for me. BTW, was the I.C. Green or white? If green, I'll have some of that too. :)

Arlene

Yup, Double Scoop or Triple??:D My Best! Bill

PS Will be going Back thru in 20 minutes, about 11:30AM EST;) B CHECK OUT THE CAM IF YOU ARE ONLINE!:D

Bill,

I loved the aft deck on Caribe on the Island. We'll have the cabin next to yours on the Coral, so I'm sure you'll find us there a lot. I think it would be neat, though, to watch the approach to the Canal and entering the locks from the front. If you can, would you check, if the front decks are crowded when going back this afternoon as well? I've been contemplating staying on the ship instead of doing an excursion, and that might be a big pro for doing that.

Bill,

We'll be joining you in just a few days. The excitement is building, particularly as I read your posts. Perhaps I can help you out with the 'Live From' postings when we get on board.

Have you scoped a place / time for the CC group to try and meet on the 11/2 trip? Jeff

Hi Jeff, lost the last one:( (D_ _ Machines), I'll keek it short:D

The Ice Cream Bar, Lotus(Covered) Pool,Lido Deck 14 AFT, 3:30 b/4 Muster at 4;15(?), but I'm not in Charge?

Also, I am "Always looking for a Few Good Men"(I was a Marine;) ) to help (Don't take that wrong:D ) Your help would be accepted & appreciated, I'm not much of a writer or typer(I'm a Numbers person, a CPA )

See you soon! Bill ( The Internet Junkie):D

Bill,

I loved the aft deck on Caribe on the Island. We'll have the cabin next to yours on the Coral, so I'm sure you'll find us there a lot. I think it would be neat, though, to watch the approach to the Canal and entering the locks from the front. If you can, would you check, if the front decks are crowded when going back this afternoon as well? I've been contemplating staying on the ship instead of doing an excursion, and that might be a big pro for doing that.

Susan, OK, I'll go look for you as soon as we get moving again, anytime now:D My Best! Bill

Hey Bill,

I say your in charge of picking a place since you know what's going on. So if you think before muster is good then that sounds good to me.

This is getting creapy, you and I have the same profession and you and my husband were both in the Marines.:eek: Looks like we will have a lot to talk about.

Becky

P.S. I've been watching the web cam dreaming that I am already on the ship.:D

Hey Bill,

I say your in charge of picking a place since you know what's going on. So if you think before muster is good then that sounds good to me. OK, I'll

take that job on, but I got to get paid:D

This is getting creapy, you and I have the same profession and you and my husband were both in the Marines.:eek: Looks like we will have a lot to talk about. Creepy , kinda! Lots of talking is Good(We might find more creepy things:D , it will be my pleasure. ;)

Becky

P.S. I've been watching the web cam dreaming that I am already on the ship.

Don't wish that, you would be half over now, this is the 5th Day:D SEMPER FI! Bill

2:15PM EST- Just got out of the last lock, on our way to Dock @ Cristobal, might get off on pier & look at shops on pier, for short break

& Might Not.

LUNCH at the Bordeaux DR

Sat at a 2 by Window for lunch with Arthur, Phillipines, (Excellent) 21 years with Princess WOW;) Watched the Ship Sink (3 Times Below the Walls of the locks):D First it was light & then Dark, again & again.:)

OK, had a Guiness, Yummy. Cucumber & Cream Cheese app, with CUT Rose

Tomato(Gorgeous, Irene loved it) Mushroom & ??(:o ) Soup; Pasta,w/ a garlic sauce, a Ruben Sandwich by mistake, (Wow was it Good), ate 1/2:D, & I never eat those. & Walnut I C , (Excellent, but does not go good with Guiness, note for Bill) cut,,,,,,,,,,,,, Later! Bill

Bill,

Susan, Went to Front 3 times 10,11,&12 A,B, & Caribe, Only CARIBE #10(Even here you need to enter Door marked"Do Not Enter"to get to door to Front Caribe Balcony, but Not Crew Only), for Viewing the others are marked CREW ONLY, I was told Wrong by Asst CD:mad: Only 1 Couple there as we entered the locks again for trip out, shallow Covered Area, but limited side Views, No Chairs or Lounges.:(

also it was Raining very lightly & the Cover did not help at all going forward! Then went back to my Cabin in AFT & the Caribe Aft no one was there at All except Irene:D asleep on a Chaise, with not a care in the World!:D The Caribe AFT is still the Very Best Bet (IMHO) Bill, Live on the Coral!

The only time I remember bad weather is when I'm affected by it. And the trans we took in September must have been fine. Milt says theoretically the weather/waves should be worse than in spring, but you know about those who theorize. :D

That's my theory too, based on all that I have heard. Hope you either do a "Live " or a review after your next trans- Atlantic so we can see if the theory holds up.

Hey Mary, That is Us, we went from Ft Lauderdale to Europe May 2, 2004,

it was perfect,smooth as Glass

Good to hear....Milt's theory is holding up.

Didn't mean to hijack this "Live" to talk about trans-Atlantic crossings but I couldn't resist with what you have in your signature. Had to get some expert opinions while I had a chance. Those of us who love to cruise have to always plan ahead, thinking about the next cruise, or 2 or 3. Ok, I'm done now so back to "Live from the Coral"!

Good to hear....Milt's theory is holding up.

Didn't mean to hijack this "Live" to talk about trans-Atlantic crossings but I couldn't resist with what you have in your signature. Had to get some expert opinions while I had a chance. Those of us who love to cruise have to always plan ahead, thinking about the next cruise, or 2 or 3. Ok, I'm done now so back to "Live from the Coral"!

Hi Jack, Who's he? :D No Problem, Mon:D We will be on the Rome to N.O.,USA on 11/29 on the Golden, will report Live for you at Seas on the Trip to Ft Laud, OK?

Also will Do it in end of May 2008 on our return after the WC on Pacific, Southhampton to NYC on the QM2, 6 Days, but will report when We get home:eek: Bill, Live from the Coral in Cristobal!

Archived