Need Help Kids and Crusies

craftycousins

Hi Guys, I am going to Hawaii September next year with my husband, daughter (2 years) and his parents, and thought it might be a nice idea to go to stay in honolulu for 3-4 days and then catch a cruise to see the other islands. This may sound like a stupid question, but i have been looking at NCL pride of hawaii, and all the rooms look like the only have two beds or a queen, unless of course you want to spend mega bucks! Do you have to get an adjoining room to fit me, hubby and daughter or do they have bigger rooms with extra beds in them? Also does anyone know, i have been looking at the last minute cruise websites , how soon do you need to book or are you okay to leave till a month before you go? when prices have dropped by a couple of hundred All help will be appreciated Cheers CraftyCousins

Hi Guys, I am going to Hawaii September next year with my husband, daughter (2 years) and his parents, and thought it might be a nice idea to go to stay in honolulu for 3-4 days and then catch a cruise to see the other islands. This may sound like a stupid question, but i have been looking at NCL pride of hawaii, and all the rooms look like the only have two beds or a queen, unless of course you want to spend mega bucks! Do you have to get an adjoining room to fit me, hubby and daughter or do they have bigger rooms with extra beds in them? Also does anyone know, i have been looking at the last minute cruise websites , how soon do you need to book or are you okay to leave till a month before you go? when prices have dropped by a couple of hundred All help will be appreciated Cheers CraftyCousins

Because of your 3 person room requirement (and possibly wanting to be close to grandma/grandpa), I would recommend booking as soon as you can. Until final payment is made, you can get an adjustment for price drops (NCL doesn't include any new 'special' that is offered since you booked as a fare decrease. Thus, you would not be able to get that price). We book asap when we decide to cruise, but we also tend to cruise holiday times.

That being said, yes NCL (not speaking just for Pride of Hawaii, but for all their ships) has rooms that will allow for more than 2 passengers. Depending upon the room, some have a sofa bed, some have a lower bed that is pulled out from under a twin (think 3 twin beds side by side with the middle one lower than the outside ones), some have a bed that hangs above one of the twins and folds down from the wall (might not be the best for a 2 year old) and some rooms may use a roll a way.

Until you are more familiar with the room type and what would work for you, I'd say go to NCL's website and read about the different Hawaii ships and what cabins are offered. After you know what you want, compare NCL's price with what you can get elsewhere. We have found that NCL is very competitive and I don't have to worry about is 'so and so' a good agency to work with.

Also, as EggDropErin stated, the NCL section of this board might offer some additional info. You can do a search and I would imagine lots would surface about POA.

Lastly, I want to state that 'technically' the ships that cruise Hawaii aren't NCL. They are NCLA. Because the NCLA ships are American flagged, there are different staffing requirements than international flagged ships. From what I have read on the NCL board, this causes a problem (for some cruisers) regarding the food and/or service received onboard. I have not cruised NCLA so I have no first hand knowledge of this. Just wanted to suggest that you read the posts about NCLA, decide what your expectations are and make an informed decision about whether or not NCLA is for you and your family.

Archived