Excursions

2hoops

Has anyone done the "beach break" excursion offered by NCL? It is $39 and is 4 hrs. long. They don't tell you which beach they go to and I called NCL and they said they didn't know and that I would have to ask when I got on the ship.:confused: We have a large group going on the Sun 11-19 and we wanted to book online so we can be ahead of the game but we sure would like to know where we are going. I have heard some of the beaches (or cayes) in Belize are not very nice for spending the day just lounging and going in the water. We also have children going ages 4 to 11. Thanks for any info.

NCL uses Bannister Caye for it's beach break, small island with nothing but the facilities for the beach break, meaning I don't think anyone even lives there. We just got back on the Sun, but did a snorkle charter, so I didn't see Bannister Caye. Carnival uses Goff's Caye, so I guess you won't have all three ships in port at the same small island.

Thanks for the input. Thanks Zydeco for the pictures. Bannister doesn't look very big but not bad. I think it will be something for us to do in Belize. We don't snorkle, we just like to lounge at the beach and go in shallow water.

I wrote to Bannister and asked if NCL ships came there for excursions and they wrote back and said yes and the Sun was one of the 3 NCL ships that went there for the beach break. The Sun offers a 4 hr. trip leaving at 9:15 a.m. so that would give us time to go to the beach, get back to the ship and change and get a tender into the port to shop. I wanted to check out the pharmacy for the arthritis cream that I am hearing so much about. Thanks again.

Archived