ATV Jungle Adventure

DDinNC

Has anyone gone on the ATV Jungle Adventure Tour through Norwegian Majesty? I have just recently learned to drive an ATV :eek: and I was wondering about the degree of dificulty. How is the terrain? Any tips I should know about?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Has anyone gone on the ATV Jungle Adventure Tour through Norwegian Majesty? I have just recently learned to drive an ATV :eek: and I was wondering about the degree of dificulty. How is the terrain? Any tips I should know about?

Cozumel is pretty basic...no huge mountains to go up or anything. I would imagine you can ride at your own pace for the most part. The terrain will be mainly sandy. I have not taken the NCL excursion specifically,but lots of folks rent them on their own at Mr. Sanchos.

I'm hoping it doesn't require too much "learning", because niether of us has ridden an ATV before and we were doing this tour specifically because it would be fun to try it! HAHA!

We can't wait! We booked it through RCI, but it appears that most of the cruise lines use the same couple vendors fdor their trips, according to the descriptions on their websites.

It says it goes over "jungle terrain" and mountains, then out to the beach.

I can't imagine they would mass-market these tours if they were too difficult for most people to manage.

We'll be ATV-ing on November 7th, I believe, and we are really looking forward to it!

ONLY 12 DAYS TO GO!!!! ~~~~ WOOHOO!!!!!!! :D

Sorry, I should have qualified my statement. We have had ATVs for years and tour out in Colorado. That is my idea of mountains.

Like I said I have not taken that specific tour, but I would imagine that woods and hills would be a better description. I am certain it will be fun.

However, please be aware that ATVs are not toys. I don't mean to preach, but a dear friend got her neck broken last year horsing around because she thought she was an "expert" rider. Thankfully, she is well on her way to a complete recovery, but not after many surgeries and braces. You do have to be very careful.

We have never ridden in Cozumel, because I don't like riding equipment that I don't maintain. But that is just me. If you have any hesitation, perhaps taking a test ride at a local dealer would make up your mind.

Let us know how it went....just don't be afraid to go to slow!!! Safety first!

I recently went on my first and second ATV rides this weekend. The first was in a mostly flat area w/ little or no rocks. I had a BLAST!! The second trip was horrible! *G* The "trail" if you want to calll it that...was mostly rocks and had deep crevices throughout the trail! I never felt safe and it ruined the fun for me. I was just hoping someone could tell me that the coz trip would be more like the first than second trip. *G* As long as I can go slow I should be Ok....right?

I recently went on my first and second ATV rides this weekend. The first was in a mostly flat area w/ little or no rocks. I had a BLAST!! The second trip was horrible! *G* The "trail" if you want to calll it that...was mostly rocks and had deep crevices throughout the trail! I never felt safe and it ruined the fun for me. I was just hoping someone could tell me that the coz trip would be more like the first than second trip. *G* As long as I can go slow I should be Ok....right?

I am glad you got a little practice under your belt. You really don't want to be going into that totally cold. You sound like you have the right idea of going slow. Again, I have not done this ride...but I picture more sandy dirt and hills than anything huge.

However, I was just talking to hubby and the guys across the hall from us did "an ATV" ride (I do not know which one). These guys were in their 20's.

One of them did come back hurt. I don't tell you that to scare you, because I don't even know if this was the same organization. There are many places to rent these ATV's and these guys were a bunch of drinking yahoos...so it very well may have been a case of to much liquor and not enough sense.

Not even the best run organization can protect someone against their own stupidity!

Go and have a great time (but stay safe) and if I run across any info on the other 100 cruise forums I am on...I will get back with ya!!

Check out these threads...they are older but may help some..

http://cruise-chat.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/303601132/m/8596015235?r=8596015235#8596015235

http://cruise-chat.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4361096441/m/380103687?r=265107097#265107097

http://cruise-chat.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4361096441/m/1371040742?r=1371040742#1371040742

http://www.affiliate.viator.com/brochure/product_show.jsp?ID=1010&PRODUCTID=1016&CODE=2895COZATV&AUID=4995

Archived