Bermuda beating victum's girl friend speaks out and comments on the Care on the Crown

smeyer418

Thanks for posting the link Sid.

I wonder if there is some way the vic can sue (yes I hate that it could come to that) for damages to cover lost wages and costs? I know nothing about the law but wonder if it would even be possible since the incident happened outside the US

I also am impressed that they (vic & girlfriend) intend to go back to thank the police.

-Monte

Guest LoveMyBoxer

After seeing that picture and reading the details, I truly believe 3 months is not enough. I hope the poor guy goes after those two and gets them for all they're worth. Also, the fact that the ship's doctor didn't see him until the next morning, how pathetic is that? The nurse should have realised what was wrong with him, and if not, they she should have called the doctor right away.

"Ms Walters said that when a doctor inspected Mr. Emanuel next morning he told him to go straight to hospital, where they faced a six-hour wait for an X-ray to confirm the jaw break. "

Wow!

I assume the Bermuda cops hauled the thugs off the ship and tossed them in jail? Or were the assailants staying at a hotel?

It always make me mad when I hear an ignorant and arrogant comment like "Donovan’s father, Thomas, urged tourists to boycott Bermuda and said the defendants would have been treated more fairly in “red China”." What a twit.

In any case, if I was the victum, I'd have my lawyers and the police waiting for them to come home to New Jersey and Staten Island so they can face their next 'round"

We just returned yesterday from our cruise on the NCL crown to Bermuda.

What a beautiful and very safe Island. We'll be going back again and again...

I think the attackers deserved more time behind bars , it'll give them time to really think about what they did to another HUMAN BEING. Don't we have enough problems in our world today without the stupid acts of Idiots like this ?

Only my personal opinion...

While I sympathise with the victim, I can't support the girlfriends criticism of the Crown's medical staff. Knowing he had a broken jaw, they should have gone straight to the hospital. Cruise ships aren't equipped to handle injuries to the extent he had and I.m sure, since the were out bar hopping, that it was late at night or early morning. I just don't think the Crown should be made to look like bad guys on this too.

Just my opinion

What I find wonderful though is that I live on Long Island which is very close to Staten Island and this whole area is covered by the same news coverage. I never heard about this anywhere here either in print or tv ( except on cruise critic).

So I assume that the father came back to the states contacted the media and got promptly shut down as a non-story. I truly hope this is the case and the media felt the idiots were so in the wrong that they wounldn't/didn't give them the airtime these people seemed to crave.

What I find wonderful though is that I live on Long Island which is very close to Staten Island and this whole area is covered by the same news coverage. I never heard about this anywhere here either in print or tv ( except on cruise critic).

So I assume that the father came back to the states contacted the media and got promptly shut down as a non-story. I truly hope this is the case and the media felt the idiots were so in the wrong that they wounldn't/didn't give them the airtime these people seemed to crave.

It was on TV one day in NYC on both CBS and NBC....but we all just thought they were louts.

Archived