Tivoli Prices

I understand admission to Tivoli is about $11 and that you can purchase an "unlimited" ride ticket for $35 (or so). Can anyone tell me if the $35 ticket covers admission, too; or, must admission be purchased separately.

Any "ball park" estimates on lunch/dinner prices at various establishments at Tivoli?

Thanks,
Greg

We just returned on July 8. I'm looking at the "Prices" section of the Tivoli brochure and it says:

Admission
Adults.....DKK 65
Children: (ages 3-13).....DKK 35
18 June - 15 August.....DKK 40
Children aged 0-2.....Free

Amusements

Ride tickets .....DKK 15
Maxi Multi-ride tickets....DKK 195
Mini Multi-ride tickets...DKK 145
Multi-ride tickets with Annual Season Ticket: DKK 125

The amusements cost between 1 and 4 Ride tickets. Children under 3 go free in the company of a paying adult (min. 14 years of age). Payment is cash-only in the gaming booths.

Hope this helps...
As for lunch - we had 1 sandwich & Fries with 2 beers and a soda at a restaurant called "Faergekroen" on the lake and the total was $33.00 (not including tip). There are many fast food type stands with are probably much cheaper.

Greg,
There are over 20 restaurants in Tivoli at all price ranges, though bear in mind that Copenhagen is an expensive city.

We had dinner at Ultimo, an italian place. Two pizza's, two salads, two glasses of wine and a bottle of sparkling water cost us $80. I don't remember if we had dessert or not. Food was very good and it's a very nice restaurant.

• 2 weeks later...
- We ate dinner at a restaurant that is outside Tivoli but also has an entrance from within Tivoli. It was recommended by Rick Steves, the Bryggeriet Apollo, which is also a micro-brewery. My wife had rump of lamb (Lammeculotte) and I had Plaice, a flat "Danish Plaice" fish (Ovnbagt rødspætte) that tastes more like lobster than fish. Wonderful! The food was the most enjoyable that we have had on the entire cruise.
- After dinner, my wife wanted to go to Tivoli because she said that she couldn't come to Copenhagen and leave without having been to Tivoli. I didn't really want to go since Tivoli is simply an amusement park, much like a Six Flags, but smaller. Its only claim to fame is its location - within a major city center. It was as expected - simply a small Six Flags with some bandstand music. A waste of $10, in my opinion. Even if we had wanted to ride one of the roller coasters, the wait in line would have been at least an hour per ride and this wasn't even on a weekend. Oh well, it made the wife happy.

We went to Tivoli for the evening and loved it. The lights were beautiful, and we enjoyed strolling the grounds. We didn't go on any rides. We had dinner at an inexpensive outdoor cafe, and went to several concerts. The grounds were lovely, and it didn't seem much like Six Flags to us.

I should have caveated my response with the notation that everyone's tastes differ. I realize that many people do enjoy Tivoli and other amusement parks in general, especially teenagers and young adults. If you enjoy amusement parks then, by all means, do go to Tivoli.

• 1 month later...
I agree with Celem. I couldn't visit Copenhagen without visiting the Tivoli Gardens, but my husband and I were very disappointed. I expected something more elaborate, or at least better than what I saw. I found the grounds to be dirty and unkept and I didn't like the look of any of the rides. I also felt it was a waste of money. However, if I hadn't seen it I would have felt like I had missed something.

Archived