Mini Miracle Review 10/15 -10/22

mj

Got off the Miracle yesterday and had a good time. This was my first time on a Spirit Class ship and really enjoyed the layout. Got to Tampa around 11:30 and was on the ship around 12:15 having lunch. The service from the waitstaff and room steward was excellent. The food was generally good in both the dining room and lido deck. The menu had some different selections from the last cruise, some were good, some were not. Our waiter stated that more changes are coming to the menu by the end of the year. Nick and Noras was very good and went to that on Wednesday night. My only observation on the Supper Club is the service. Both on the Glory and the Miracle, I found the service started out strong, but then as more people came into the restaurant, the level of service went down. It is almost like they are understaffed. Just an observation. The entertainment was ok to good throughout the week. As the week progressed, the shows became pre-dinner shows at 7pm for late seating guests. The R Rated comedy shows were earlier than on other cruises. I prefer after dinner shows rather than before. I generally like to relax before dinner. Overall, I enjoyed the ports of call. Debarkation went really smooth. We did not do the self assist and was off the boat around 9AM. We were in the rental car and heading home by 9:30. Overall, a relaxing vacation and had great weather throughout the cruise.

Rather than giving a long review, I will see if you have some specific questions and try to answer them.

You mentioned the Glory. Assume you have sailed the Glory before? Which ship did you like better, the Miracle or the Glory? We have sailed the Glory and loved it and had looked into the Miracle. Just wondering the differences. Know that the Miracle only has two dining seatings instead of four like on the Glory. Did you like the itinerary on the Miracle? To me, it appears to be excellent.

I liked the Miracle better. The reason is due to the fact that the Miracle carrys fewer people and has basically the same amenities, for the most part. At times, the Glory had somewhat of a crowded feel.

I liked the ports of call better on the Miracle than the Glory. When I went, the ports were Key West, Cozumel, Belize, and Progresso. That has now changed to different ports. The only difference now is that the Miracle goes to Grand Cayman and the Glory goes to Nassau. To me, the Miracle has the better ports.

One difference was the debarkation process on this cruise. It was in three categories

1. Self -Assist

2. Early Flights

3. Everybody Else

I thought it would be chaos letting everyone off, but I thought it was relatively smooth. I would like to hear other peoples opinion. Also, are there any other ships that are doing this?

Archived