Cruising out of Galveston on Ecstasy

cherylw2001

Hi, First time cruiser here. Husband and I are cruising out of Galveston on the Ecstasy in December. I've been reading this board and would greatly appreciate any comments or good tips that we need to know.

Thanks

Cheryl

Well Cheryl welcome to the CC boards. If you hang around long enough you will find lots of good information and a wide variety of opinions on everything. It's sort of like a buffet line. Take what you want and leave what you don't. Most of all it's fun folks who are excited about cruising

I've never been on the Ecstacy but I hear it is a great ship. I have taken several cruises out of Galveston. Are you on the 4 day or the 5? I've done both and recommend the 5.

In general I'd advise packing lite. We never use as much clothing as we think we will.

Boarding in Galveston has always been a breeze. Get there early (11:00-12:00).

I could go on but if you have specific questions put 'em up. There's no dumb questions.

A word of warning, one trip and you're gonna be hooked......

What is your sail date?I am going out of Galveston also on this ship will be leaving on Dec.4th,and the earlier post about too many clothes is very true we went in March on Celebration and took way too much stuff also learned what not to do and what to do also guess we are deffinitely hooked booked the Dec cruise before a month had gone by,

When you use the excuse that you want to go to the beach so you are going on a cruise and you only live less than 100 mi from Galveston guess you have the cruising bug?

Archived