now I have seen it all...

AftbalconyCouple

Honestly some people will buy anything on ebay! Seriously, I sell on ebay (no I am not selling the shampoo) and I make approx $200 or more a month, which is my vacation money. I sell clothes I don't wear anymore, great condition, maybe worn once. But.. the most outrageous thing I sold (and I only did it because I saw people bidding on others) was the Christmas Victoria's Secret Catalog. I made $40 on it. Now who would of thought. I use every penny I make to pay for my next cruise. If someone will buy it, I will sell it. But those outrageous items, I look before auctioning. Try it, you may be surprised. Honestly Ebay is an online garage sale (but some items are new and really worth the buy), I know some one out there probably sold something crazy in a garage sale like this shampoo.

If this gets a bid, lets all collect shampoo and sell it. :) Just Kidding!

I am not an Ebay afficionado so I was stunned when I saw the what some people will sell!! BTW, I loved Princess' shampoo and conditioner!! Far superior to the junk RCCL tries to pass off as shampoo. RCCL's would probably be good as a car wash..LOL Did you look at some of the other junk they were selling?? OY!!! There's lingerie on sale and I cringe thinking someone would bid on that..it soooo grosses me out!! I agree that it would be nice if they donated some items to the needy. Maybe that's why I'm not rich, I donate as much as I can...

Naw, there are only a few of them, no digging through carts was needed for that one. What amazes me more is that they cruise but are so hard up they have to sell free shampoo and conditioner on ebay :confused: :confused:

I guess it goes to show, some will do anything to get that cruise money............kind of an addict. LOL

Couldn't agree with you more Toto2!!!!!

What some people do are truly amazing....LOL

That is pretty funny. People sell anything on ebay. There was one a few weeks ago that had me rolling on the floor laughing..

USED white luggage tags so that a person can be the first off the ship for RCCL. They used WHITE OUT on them. Some nut bought them for $7.00 plus $2.99 shipping first class USPS. :eek: Like - DUH.. All one needs to do is ask at the Purser's desk for them. Tacky people will sell anything as there are Nuts out there that would buy it. :rolleyes:

This is hilarious. Especially when I found the Princess products to be horrible - like washing your hair with detergent. I just came back from staying in hotels in Europe, and they give you bottles of designer soaps, conditioners, shampoos, lotions and all sorts of other things, and trust me, they were very high quality and everyone was collecting them! But Princess cardboard packets? Yikes.

Merry....you said something negative about Princess...how unlike you:rolleyes:

Friends of mine in the airline industry have a great idea. They carry their own haircare products when on the road, but they return with all the bottles provided by the hotels from their trips. Then, a pilot at their base collects them, and give them to a homeless shelter.

I started doing that, being a road warrior who spends over 200 days per year on the road.

The first time I took 200 days worth of toiletries to the "Union Gospel Mission," you should have seen how thrilled they were to get the supplies.

This is so funny. By the way, how do you get those cardboard containers open? I find it impossible with wet hands. (I know! I should open them before my hands get wet!) Even with dry hands it is difficult without scissors. Anybody have a secret technique?

Hi all,

I have a job that causes me to travel a great deal. I was at the Residence Inn by Marriott for the first SIX months of this year and then spent 6 weeks at the Sheraton. Both chains provide very nice little perks in the bathroom.

I always carry my own "stuff" but I let the hotel staff know that I "save" the hotel items and then take them home to donate to my local Women's Shelter for abused women/children. It amazes me the amount of toilettries(sp) that I bring home. Fortunately I drive to my temporary locations and it is a simple matter to load the "stuff" in the car and bring it home.

The shelter is VERY appreciative of all of the personal toilet items I provide as it saves a great deal of money. And, they are able to provide each person with their own toilettries(sp).

I was thinking of this thread while in the shower today. My daughter must have borrowed my shampoo and conditioner and taken it to the other bathroom. I did not realize it until I was in the shower. Then I spotted some of those cardboard Princess shampoo things that DH brought home from the last cruise. I was pretty happy to see them....saved my shower. :)

• 2 weeks later...
This is so funny. By the way, how do you get those cardboard containers open? I find it impossible with wet hands. (I know! I should open them before my hands get wet!) Even with dry hands it is difficult without scissors. Anybody have a secret technique?

I'm actually glad to see a pic of these products. Everyone has said how impossible the cardboard is to open with wet hands, but from the pic I see they look like those little plastic jobs that have to be ripped open at the top. Still hard to do with wet hands, but are they cardboard? They really look like slick plastic containers???

They are indeed cardboard and just nearly impossible to twist open with wet hands - and not so easywith dry hands either. The onboard comedian, "Sarge", now on the Crown, did a rather funny discussion on how to use them.

I always cut the tops off with scissors before entering the shower with the packages.

However they are not supplied in satchets but in refillable dispensers fitted to the bathroom wall. Will have to figure out how to get them off before my next cruise;)

Regards

Cb

Well, how 'bout using those empty flasks after you've finished off your smuggled liquor? No sense hauling them home empty...:D

Well, how 'bout using those empty flasks after you've finished off your smuggled liquor? No sense hauling them home empty...:D
I have saved a "plastic" version of the shampoo container that I received when we were in a mini suite. It works great to squeeze the contents from the paper-type container into the plastic version. I find that you can easily place two paper-type containers into the palstic version.

Yes, it's a disease. I blame my mother and grand-mother.:rolleyes:

Actually, that's a pretty good idea, Fuzzy. Before Princess upgraded minisuite amenities to include the Lotus Spa products, we used to ask our cabin steward to get them for us instead of having to fight those stupid packets. And if you've ever squeezed a packet of hand lotion onto your hair :o , you know how frustrating those darned packets can be.

At least they could steal, borrow the suite lotions. They come in nice plastic bottles, and include an eye mask and facial mist. Bet they could get $5.99 for that package. Unbelievable.

My company collects the hotel and cruise ship toiletries and donates them to the local homeless shelters, woman shelters and teen challenge locations. We all travel alot and this is a great way to give back to the community. Just a thought for those looking to do something other then trying to make a buck off freebees!:)

Archived