Questions for Experienced Disney Cruisers

Tracy123

Do you recall seeing large groups having access to public areas on the ship?? This means the area would be off limits to passengers not in the group. I've notice many problems with this on other lines.

Can gratuities be paid in adavance? Thanks for your help.

I have never seen a group of people where you couldnt go on the ship.

There are areas where you must be 18 and older to go in. Adult only areas and of course you cant go into the kids or teen clubs unless you have a child there for security reasons.

You can go to the guest services desk at anytime and pay gratuities.

but most people wait because the last night on the ship they will give you envelopes marked for each person that you would normally tip. People then put their tips in there and deliver them personally at the end of dinner to their servers and them to the room host. If you rarely see your host you can just leave the envelope on the bed for them to find when they turn down the bed in the evening.

mom x4,grandma x4

Do you recall seeing large groups having access to public areas on the ship?? This means the area would be off limits to passengers not in the group. I've notice many problems with this on other lines.

Can gratuities be paid in adavance? Thanks for your help.

Tracy123,

If you're refering to something along the lines of the Mariner incident, NO, I've never seen or heard of such a thing on DCL.

As for gratuities in advance, as Salbythec said, you can go to guest services and have the gratuities placed on your shipboard account. They will provide you with small "vouchers" that you should place in the gratuity envelopes for each tipped staff member. Also, you can give more or less than the "recommended" amounts using this method (some lines don't allow you to automatically tip an amount different than their "recommended" tips).

Archived