Passion Island, Cozumel

Curious1

I understand the excursion to Passion Island costs $60 and includes lunch and beverages. Can anyone tell me if that price also includes the cost of the taxi to get there and the water ferry?

I've read so many reviews about how wonderful it is but what to know if there are any hidden costs I should know about.

Thanks!!

Curious 1

We also took this excursion in 2005, we were there the Friday before Hurricane Wilma blew through Cozumel. Passion Island is absolutely beautiful! The cost is all inclusive. My only minor complaint was the roads to get to the ferry to get to the island. It's government protected land and they won't let the road be paved, it is a dirt/gravel road. It had rained a good bit right before we were there, so there were tons-o-potholes the driver had to maneuver around. So, the ride was a bit bumpy, and took longer than expected ... but, hey, it was worth it was we got there. Magnificent, and so relaxing!

Terry

I was at Passion Island a few years ago. It was absolutely amazing. My only complaint was the "subtle" demand for tips. First, it was to "remember your driver".

After the day was over, and we all happily boarded the water taxi, one of the cooks came on board, and the taxi captain announced that these folks could "use our help".

He walked around the boat with the cook's hat extended.

We had had such a nice, relaxing day, and it's just a downer for that stuff- I'd be happy to give it to them at the beginning of the trip- even add it into the price of the excursion, but our entire party was EXHAUSTED, and we'd all tucked everything away already for the trip.

I know it sounds like I'm complaining, but it's one (small) spot on an otherwise magnificent excursion.

I was at Passion Island one week ago during my sailing on the NOS. It was an amazing place. The food was great, open bar was great since I only drink Corona and the people were all great. We had fun playing games with other people from our bus, and the tour guide Jorge was one of the coolest, funniest and nicest guys I have ever met. You will love this place!

Hello All. Is Passion better then Paradise Beach? Last time in Cozumel we enjoyed PB. Can anyone give me a comparison.

thanks

If you have kids I would definitely say to go to Paradise Beach, there is more for the kiddos to do there. Passion Island is beautiful and the food and drinks are great, I just don't care for the travel to get there. You have to get on a bus and then catch a boat to the Island (no bathrooms on either, which is a lot harder to endure after free coronas :) ). The excursion says 4 hours and you really only get 3 at the beach. On the other hand Paradise is a short taxi ride from downtown and you can stay as long as you like until it is time to catch the ship. Just my two cents........

as part of the C&A Member Cruise on Freedom 10/15. Diamond/Plus members got it as the gift excursion. Great time! Did some shopping before we went for magnet for fridge. Then a bus ride to the ferry for the ride to the island. Fabulous white sand, very clean. Over 400 of usthere & it wasn't crowded feeling. Carribean Sea was 86 degrees & we just layed in the water & floated. Very relaxing.

A BBQ lunch was provided with chicken little, some fish, & something else that didn't look good, but great dips with chips & plenty of fruits. Booze was free from a particular area but another was a cash bar. We learned the island is owned by Carona who films their ads there, but not the day we were there.

Great water balloon contest, and other fun stuff. Area for kids so adults had quite space which we loved.

Thanks to whoever posted this thread. It was very convincing. I'm sold on this excursion and will book in online today! What won me over was the fact that they film the Corona commercials there. I love those commercials!! Everytime I see one I feel very relaxed, even when I'm holding my screaming 3 month old!!

My husband and I never really drank Corona until after this excursion! We stocked up our fridge now at home! I agree about Jorge - the absolute best tour guide I've ever had. The open bar also has margaritas - thats about all I had, I'm sure they had more but they did have sodas for the kids.

Our two boys (11 and 9 years) loved the place. The water is so beautiful we spent the entire time playing around in it. The food was also great. My son and husband had the Mahi Mahi for their first time and loved it. The home made guacamole was the best I've had. I guess I sound like a commercial for this place but we really liked it, as you can tell!

All costs included, all the booze (el cheapo, but it tastes ok) and food you can eat. The hammocks are to die for.

We took the early morning excursion and there were only about 45 people (just our group) on a huge stretch of beach. It was warm and very quiet! We left about 11:30 (we would liked to have stayed all day) just as several hundred people showed up from other ships. We booked through the ship on all our excursions, it is a tad safer as if you are late they hold the ship for you. They waited 45 minutes for us in Costa Maya as we were delayed.

The only thing I didn't like were the pushy vendors on the island. They keep bugging you. And God help you if you buy anything from one of them, they swarm you. A firm, but polite 'No, thank you.' generally turned them away.

The ride to and from the ferry is a bit long and due to the thickness of the vegetation is not very scenic.

This was our second favorite excursion of the cruise.

Kohunlich Temple in Costa Maya was the best. But that is just us.

Does anyone remember what the alcoholic beverage selections are, other than Corona? Also is it a big beach? It's not too crowded?

BIG beach.

Free booze is a keg of local beer (Sol, I think and pretty danged good), Rum Punch, and Margaritas. All served in small 6 oz plastic cups.

Didn't bother with the cash bar, so couldn't help you there.

RCI gave us and the other diamond and diamond plus members this cruise for free when we were on the C&A members cruise last week on Freedom of the Seas. Beach and water were wonderful as were the free drinks and food, but IMHO, Passion Island's facilities pale in comparison to those on Labadee and I definitely preferred the food selection and quality on Labadee. The trip from the ship to Labadee is also a lot quicker and less bumpy than the bus ride to Passion Island.:D

• 3 weeks later...

the road have huge hole so speeders don't. The Wildlife on the island is very important to the 5 Americans who live there. As the bus was coming out of the port area an iguana stuck his big head out, then slowly ventured out looking at us like me was part of the entertainment. The guide stated what condition he'd be in with some of the drivers on the island who don't live there.

Passion Island is for cruise passengers only. At $70 PP the inhabitants are well taken care of to take great care of you while you are there. We really enjoyed our 10 hours there.

We also took this excursion in 2005, we were there the Friday before Hurricane Wilma blew through Cozumel. Passion Island is absolutely beautiful! The cost is all inclusive. My only minor complaint was the roads to get to the ferry to get to the island. It's government protected land and they won't let the road be paved, it is a dirt/gravel road. It had rained a good bit right before we were there, so there were tons-o-potholes the driver had to maneuver around. So, the ride was a bit bumpy, and took longer than expected ... but, hey, it was worth it was we got there. Magnificent, and so relaxing!

Terry

Archived