Dive operators in The Bahamas

mblackman

We are going on the Carnival Valor in December. Does anyone have a dive outfit that they had a positive experience with?

thanks

Stuart Cove's is the best and most professional on the island. If time permits, I'd go with them. Trouble is, they operate on the south side of the island (better diving), and the timeline doesn't always coincide with the port time. You'll add 45 minutes in each direction to your trip. They pickup just outside the port at specific times, and they don't wait.

Make arrangements directly with them. www.stuartcove.com

If your are talking about Nassau,stay the HECK away from Bahama Divers!!! I booked a 2-tank dive with them 3 weeks ago and will never use them again.They are discourteous, arrogant, and just plain dangerous!! I was easily the "best" diver on the boat (including the so called Captain-Dive Master) and was treated like a 2 year old the entire day.They had Open Water divers 90-100 feet on a wall and NEVER checked anyone's air supply--You can guess what happened! If you enjoy paying to use your rescue skills and get yelled at--you will enjoy them.IF not STAY AWAY!!!!

I agree--stay away from Bahama Divers!

Last year my sister and I snorkeld with them. There were a few divers onboard and they dropped the divers off and just left my sister and I alone to snorkel over sand and deep water, in other words nothing to see.

I am a diver, but my sister is a new snorkeler and was very nervous. Our Mom was onboard in her wheelchair.

I saw the dive master come up after the safety stop and leave the rest of the divers down to finish the safety stop alone.

The water was rough due to the passing of hurricane Wilma on her way to Cozumel. There was no one in the water with my sister and I. They did not require vests or even offer them until I asked for my sister.

I would never go with them again!

I can't truly say that I had a bad dive, but it was the tourist MOO special. :( I certainly felt ripped off by the combination of shorex price, short bottom times, and poor dive sites. :(

However, I would try one of the shark dives just for the experience. Who cares what the bottom looks like for that one?

Wendy

review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=277392

pix

http://community.webshots.com/user/wendyandkeith

Archived